Benchmade griptilian thread!!!

Advil

Newly Enlightened
I loved the 555HG so much that i got another one. But I haven't opened it yet because I kind of want the blue one. anyone wanna trade??

Radiophile

Enlightened
I finally joined the fray and found a deal for a 556 Mini-Grip. Love it! Great knife and just the right size for EDC. I didn't have to sharpen it, but I did strop it to bring out a razor sharp edge. After having it a few days I decided to go ahead and buy a full size Griptilian. I decided on a D2 with Olive Drab handle. The Mini is definitely easier to carry, but if I need a knife for some kind of heavy cutting, it'll be the full size which is easier to flip open and surprisingly feels better in the hand even though I have what I think is medium sized hands and everything I read about them suggested the Mini if you don't have large hands.

BTW I paid $60 and $81 shipped, did I do okay? I looked at a lot of websites before I bought and that was the best I could find.

Advil

Newly Enlightened
my new favorite knife

Ygzkd.jpg

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a blue mini 556 for $60 at MC Sports in Bloomington Indiana. They were on clearance.

They have serrated too.

Goes great with my full size sheepsfoot model. :thumbsup:

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I spent all of today reading about the griptilian and going through countless pictures/videos/reviews. I placed an order for the Doug Ritter Griptilian at about 3pm, and just a few minutes ago bought the Wilkins grips (only 2 left, so I felt like I had to). I really hope this knife impresses me and is better than my current EDC, a BM Mini-Skirmish.

Melson

Newly Enlightened
Anybody's clip getting the paint worn off and some scratches like mine?

It really is no big deal, but I noticed when I work at a local restaurant (boss is cool with me having my knife for opening boxes, etc.) that it presses up against metal when I'm preparing food, thus scratching it up a bit. Also the regular wear and tear doesn't help either.

It's no big deal but something to consider, I'll have to post pictures of my baby grip soon :naughty:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Here is my Mini Grip in D2 flavor.
That's absolutely terrible, horrible, despicable! People shouldn't be allowed to have such a monstrosity. Send it to me; I'll make sure to dispose of it properly. :D

...oh, an :welcome:

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that I never posted pics of my RitterGriptilikin

scaledIMG_9881.jpg

scaledIMG_9841.jpg

scaledIMG_9848.jpg

scaledIMG_9862.jpg

scaledIMG_9833.jpg

scaledIMG_9825.jpg

ray2010

Newly Enlightened
I finally joined the fray and found a deal for a 556 Mini-Grip. Love it! Great knife and just the right size for EDC. I didn't have to sharpen it, but I did strop it to bring out a razor sharp edge. After having it a few days I decided to go ahead and buy a full size Griptilian. I decided on a D2 with Olive Drab handle. The Mini is definitely easier to carry, but if I need a knife for some kind of heavy cutting, it'll be the full size which is easier to flip open and surprisingly feels better in the hand even though I have what I think is medium sized hands and everything I read about them suggested the Mini if you don't have large hands.

BTW I paid $60 and $81 shipped, did I do okay? I looked at a lot of websites before I bought and that was the best I could find.

I'm interested in the Mini Griptilian, too. The best price I could find was the REI 20% $89.95. You found one for $60?