BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaranScorp

Newly Enlightened
Need help finding replacement clickie

I own a UltraFire MCU-WF-1000L which has High Low and Strobe and the clickie switch is failing. You have to turn the end cap just right to get it to work. Can anyone recommend a replacement clickie switch and places to purchace?

Thanks

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part 10)

Just loaded for me using https

Sorry, I didn't read the post properly. I assumed it was another intermittent problem due to having one PC set up as a proxy to share my connection. Thanks for the tip guys.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Used with care and using a trusted charger I find no problems with non protected Li-Ions.

MUST not let them over discharge!!!!

stevenhyde

Newly Enlightened
1st post/light/problem

got my romisen rc-h3 q5 from shining beam about a week ago. took about 3 days to fl. paid around 2pm left usps around 7pm. awesome.

came with a lanyard, no battery.
totally impressed with the light works great out of the box. alot smaller than i imagined. brighter than i imagined too.

put in some duracell rewrapped rayovac hybrids. the ones from walmart with the charger. made in china. (had some of the japanese duracell eneloops at WM too, but i needed a charger as well and i cant afford a 40$charger yet.)

problem #1 is the switch. earlier today stopped working totally. tried a few times. nothing. then it did. later works when pushed or clicked and held down, but as soon as you let go, clicked or not. it doesnt work. so i can use the light momentary, but thats it..
someone else had the same light/problem and nothing was mentioned of free replacement, only buying another switch from shiningbeam. they have for the g2 which is also aa. i was going to email and ask if it would work w my light but problem #2 comes up.

problem#2 me. i dont really need this light.keep it or not?? the usable throw is really only like 30 ft for me. if im outside throwing light i decided after using this, i may as well go for a spear or dbs.

i think im going to get rid of this. get #1 a <50 lumen maybe keychain light for upclose work, maps, walking in the house. the like.

#2maybe an 18650 or 2xcr123 light. based on the rc-h3 and its 100 (i think im recalling correctly)lumens im thinking in the 150-250lumen range for walks. camping. blinding people. flood beam. majority use light.hopefully pocket carry to replace the proabably trash rc-h3.

and #3 spear hopefully but maybe dbs.
im going to fill out the flashlight choice help form in the next 2 posts in case anyone wants to offer advice.

i know i have alot of wierd ?s not like one simple one, but any advice would be helpful. love the forum. lurked and read for weeks and weeks. finally have something to add. thanks for all the help i know ill get.
-hyde

stevenhyde

Newly Enlightened
Re: 1st post/light/problem

light#1
What do you intend to use this light for?
map reading, walking in house, small confined spaces which dont need alot of light.

buying online
under 20
under 4"
probably aa or aaa
<60 lumens i assume
Throw (distance)----------------------|-------x---------------Flood/close-up
Runtime:1-2 hours
hopefully rear foward clickie but maybe twist
if not keychain maybe a clip.

light #2
walks with the dogs, camping. blinding people, majority useage light
buying online under 60$
under 5.5"
18650 maybe 2x123
150-250lumens
1.5-2 hrs
flood beam pattern
rear foward clickie
waterproof 8-10feet
im open to multiple modes on both lights.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

These Romisens are known to have small issues like you are talking about. And 90% of the time, it is because they need something tightened up in them.

Make sure the tail cap spring board is screwed tight. Take a paper clip and stick the ends in the small holes and twist clockwise.

Do the same with the emitter board as well. See if that helps any...

As far as getting another light......I'd look into the Sunlite 8w, JetBeam Raptor, Tiablo A10, Spear, DBS, and even the RX-1.......if you want a decent thrower.

BTW, you have a budget for this new light you want to get?

And,:welcome:

stevenhyde

Newly Enlightened

tried the romisen with both emitter and clickie loosened and tightened. (circlip pliers)no difference.
about the thrower. im going to get either a dbs or spear when the time is right. as of now. im looking for a more floody light. maybe 2 modes. high of over 200lumens. low of under 50. easy to use. 18650. rear foward clickie. hopefully bezel down clip and no twisty ui stuff. under 50$. thanks for the welcome. i love this place.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need help finding replacement clickie

well, some pics would be usefull...

1st. are yuo sure the switch is culprit..to check pout the batts in and link the batt butt to the body butt. LOL

2nd...check if the switch retaining ring inside the tailcap is properly tight (for a mystereriou reason whne you tighten the tailcap TOO much it usually loosens)

do you see two circular recesses on the switch retaining ring? use nedle nose liers to screw unscrew them

3rd do you have a multimeter or any other way (some wire battery and a bulb) to check if the switch itself is the culprit? does it always turs on or off?

4th if you have a soldering iron or access to one, shop for switches at the flashlight DIY section of Kaidomain.com and dealextreme.com

(sorry for assuming zero flashlight tinkering knowledge...)

good luck, kostas

stevenhyde

Newly Enlightened
Re: Need help finding replacement clickie

what pictures would you like? i can try to get some on here.
i have no clue what youre saying in #1
#2 ive tried w the switch retaining ring fully tight, loosened 1/4 turn, loosened 1/2 turn. no change.
#3 i have a multimeter, but dont know how to check the switch. where to put the leads or the correct setting for my meter?
thanks for your help.

in response to my other ?s im thinking of getting the jetbeam jet-III pro either st or ultra. not sure yet. with its multi modes, i can have an under 20lumen readin light and a high powered one in the same light. meaning i could skip the keychain light, and carry just the jet in my pocket. any advice or suggestions on that would be helpful too...from anyone.

well, some pics would be usefull...

1st. are yuo sure the switch is culprit..to check pout the batts in and link the batt butt to the body butt. LOL

2nd...check if the switch retaining ring inside the tailcap is properly tight (for a mystereriou reason whne you tighten the tailcap TOO much it usually loosens)

do you see two circular recesses on the switch retaining ring? use nedle nose liers to screw unscrew them

3rd do you have a multimeter or any other way (some wire battery and a bulb) to check if the switch itself is the culprit? does it always turs on or off?

4th if you have a soldering iron or access to one, shop for switches at the flashlight DIY section of Kaidomain.com and dealextreme.com

(sorry for assuming zero flashlight tinkering knowledge...)

good luck, kostas

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Questions about Ultrafire WF-501B

Hi,
since i am not completely satisfied with the output of my ultrafire wf-501b (and my ultrafire c1 also), i am trying to find a solution for that...

But my first problem is, how do disassemble the wf-501b, next question would be maybe a cheap driver or shall i just dd it? I already tried searching, but my questions were not fully yet answered, especially the ones for disassembling.

best regards lovecpf

pmoore

Newly Enlightened
Re: Questions about Ultrafire WF-501B

Are you saying that the top head will not unscrew? If so, you may need a little heat, or freeze it. Then depending on your budget, you can order a solarforce R2 drop-in. Others are offered here on the forums.

Last edited:

Fichtenelch

Enlightened

Are you saying that the top head will not unscrew? If so, you may need a little heat, or freeze it. Then depending on your budget, you can order a solarforce R2 drop-in. Others are offered here on the forums.

My problem is that i don't see any opportunity to get the M60-drop-in out of the head....Only direction is forward through the glass, but i don't know how to get the glass out...???

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Which DX SKU numbers are you referring to? DX has several of each host model. I cant make a recommendation until I know exactly which model you have.

:thumbsup:

FWIW, I am using my 501B with a DIY module....
3-modes 1400/700/140
Q5-WC emitter on a 16mm board from shiningbeam.
DX: OP reflector.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've updated my review with shots of the k109 modded to Q4 5B for those interested in that kind of thing.

parkschr

Newly Enlightened
What do you think - UltraFire RL-2088?

I was just curious as to how everyone feels about the UltraFire RL-2088? I have only seen I write up on this light. I am currently looking at the M2X, Legion II, and this light. It claims to have more output than the M2X and the Legion II. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.