Best AA LED flashlight under $50?

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
1xAA light for around $50...

Easy. Get a Eagletac D25a Clicky.

It's the best & smallest 1xAA flashlight I've chosen to EDC.

wjv

Enlightened
Spark SG5

very floody, but you can get the "normal" reflector for ~$6 more. So you basically end up with 2 different lights. With the Mule reflector it's super floody. With the normal reflector you get throw typical to a D25a or a E11 / E12.

One other nice feature is that it has a 1 lumen mode (1, 8, 40, 110, 280). I use the 1 lumen mode for navigating around the house at night.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can think of a few, most of which I own...

Olight S15...Amazing light and you can use it as a single or 2AA light
Fenix E11 or E12....Bright enough and simple for general use and under $30.00
Thrunite Archer 1A...178 lumens and the most rugged and overbuilt single AA light I own. My current favorite!
Fenix LD12...Bright and well made like all Fenix lights I own
Fenix LD09
Nitecore D11....I always have this one with me

The Sipik 68's that some folks are chiming in about are probably the best lights you can get for under $10.00, but they are not in the same league as these others. I own 4 of them and they OK for what you pay for them. I do not use mine these days.

Tater Salad

Newly Enlightened
I will have to look into all these. I know all will be excellent to pick from. The main flashlight I use to have was a regular 2 d maglight that I changed to the led bulb and I liked it alot but someone stole it. It would be way to big to carry at work though. Thats why I was saying u need something that would fit in my jacket pocket or Hoodia pocket or even pants pocket. I really like all the input you guys are giving me. I like seeing what everyone else likes to use to.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Eagletac D25a. Best AA light I've ever had.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Tater Salad

Newly Enlightened
I will look into that one Berneck1. Thank you everyone. Keep the options coming. ☺

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Let us know which one you pick, and perhaps your reasons.

It's hard to go wrong with any of the suggestions made here.

As the librarian on Star Trek, Mr. Atoz, said, "A wide range of alternatives is a mixed blessing."

Tater Salad

Newly Enlightened
Ill let everyone know what I do decide to buy. I have been so busy with work lately that I haven't even had time to look into anything. Keep the suggestions coming though guys.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested in a Quark 2AA (or even an Eagletac D25A), you might consider the Eagletac D25A2. It's $51.99 at Illumination Gear. Output is similar to the XM-L2 Quark. But unlike the Quark, you are not stuck with a cool white emitter.