Best bulb for 9004

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Don't forget to aim your lamps correctly and carefully; they're the Mechanical Aim kind. This is super crucial to driving safety at night.

I don't think we'll ever know what made Porsche make up that "H5" designation for what is really and only called an HB1 or 9004 bulb. There is such a thing as a (real) H5 bulb, as specified by the IEC, but it was never adopted into the US or ECE (UN) Regulations. It might have seen some use in Japan. It has a single 50w transverse filament, and a metal base very similar to the H4 base -- it's nothing at all like the HB1 (9004) in your headlamps. Go home, Porsche, you're drunk!

23Z

Newly Enlightened
I don't think we'll ever know what made Porsche make up that "H5" designation for what is really and only called an HB1 or 9004 bulb. There is such a thing as a (real) H5 bulb, as specified by the IEC, but it was never adopted into the US or ECE (UN) Regulations. It might have seen some use in Japan. It has a single 50w transverse filament, and a metal base very similar to the H4 base -- it's nothing at all like the HB1 (9004) in your headlamps. Go home, Porsche, you're drunk!

Great info. I've been totally confused by Porsche's H5 designation. If this is the kind of useful info found here, then I'm in. Thanks.