Best keychain LED light

paulr

Flashaholic
There is a version of the PT Pulsar with a slide switch, making it similar to a Photon II. For something more upscale, I really like the La Petite Killer Ti. You can find them in BST though they are not made any more. In my opinion AAA lights are larger than ideal for a keychain, though they are workable. I carried one on my keys for several years.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll add in my vote for Draco, Drake, Wee and Eiger 10180.

chorlton

Newly Enlightened
For me it has to be my Ti Drake, the ultimate small edc, it goes everywhere with me :thumbsup:

balou

Enlightened
The best light is the one you have with you when you truly need it.
So for me and about 30 other people I know, this one's the best, as it's on our keychains every day:
dx/sku.1253
Ten pieces of this light are cheaper than 1 piece of the second least expensive light mentioned here.

If you want to go bigger... Maratac AAA or Quark Mini AA are two interesting choices.
Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Vee3

Enlightened
I carried a Photon Micro on my car key ring and an ARC AAA on my main key ring for years. I've never EDC'd any other lights.

What a revelation the ITP AAA upgrade has been; now I can carry what I'd consider to be a 'real' flashlight (high-power LED + reflector) on a key ring for the same weight/bulk of the other two combined. There's just so much more utility available now, with only the slightest (if any) size penalty. My ITP with lithium AAA weighs about the same as two door keys, but puts out sooooo much more light than my old ones.

tundratrader

Enlightened
Best LED for keychains.

Well all of my keychains feature Lighthound LED's. He sends them with most orders and they work fabulous. Not to mention my kid loves them for messing around. It is a good little light. I have no need to carry those handlights size lights on a keychain.

Zach

prof student

Enlightened
Energizer Hi-Tech LED Keychain Light - $8 - Best Buy - metal case - 3 mode clicky - yes a clicky switch - click it on and it stays on - wonderful!

moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png

base_media

Where did you get that one????

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Energizer Hi-Tech LED Keychain Light - $8 - Best Buy - metal case - 3 mode clicky - yes a clicky switch - click it on and it stays on - wonderful!

moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png

base_media
Where did you get that one????
I was wondering that, too, just now.

I typed "Energizer Hi-Tech LED Keychain Light" into google and came up with a model number: Model: HTKC2BUCS

I'd love to hear more feedback from Dave_5280 or from anyone else who owns it

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Here's how one retailer describes that Energizer keychain light:

This key chain features a bright Nichia LED light with high, low and flash modes and a durable, impact-resistant cast-metal body for reliable strength.

What's Included

* Energizer LED Key Chain Light
* 2 CR2016 lithium coin cell batteries

Product Features

* Nichia LED light
Delivers 14 lumens for nighttime visibility

* 3 light modes
Include high, low and flash for versatile use

* Integrated flat key ring
Keeps your keys close at hand

* Cast-metal body
Offers durable, impact-resistant construction

* Sleek, compact, lightweight design
For easy portability

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed today that Target just started carrying the Energizer Hi Tech light in the flashlight aisle.

I played with it for a minute.

From off: Hold down switch to turn on momentarily in high mode, let go to turn off light.
From off: Click switch once to turn on in high mode, wait a second or two and click switch once again to turn off.
From off: Click switch once to turn on in high and quickly click switch again to change to low mode, and quickly again if you want to change to strobe mode. (wait too long between mode switching and the next mode you get will be 'off')

Also features auto-shutoff after a certain number of hours.

Has a nice heft to it, and I think the loop would be great for paracord. Don't like how the LED's hard plastic dome is exposed to potential impact though.

Wonder if this thing will take 2032's? I have a ton of them.

neerahs

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum and I do have many of the suggested lights but I'm looking for a light that I can't find yet...

I would like a small(est) keychain LED light that can be turned on with one hand. It would be great if it was metal and grey/silver in colour. I have the Photon Freedom and it has the one hand click. Then I have the 4Sevens Preon Zero. That one is silver but you need both hands to turn it on.

Can photon freedom merge with preon zero and have a baby? :) Anyone know of a light that can fit my wishes?

Thanks!
N

drew78

Newly Enlightened
What about the Fenix E01?

AAA battery, reliable twist head switch, single level. Stupid proof it seems.

Anyone have one of these?

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
new out darksucks.com LRI X-Light Micro
Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm
]

Very cool; I love my Photon Freedom but hate the angry blue led. I wonder why he used the X light platform instead of the higher end Freedom. May get this one anyway given the better tint and GITD button.

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best? Quantum DD or Peak Eiger with Nichia 219 Mule. The shaved body carries a backup 10180 and the Delrin cap is great. Picture below shows how I carry them and my previous EDC.

I was trying to replace my Fenix head with Leef body. EDC'ed this for many years and felt it was finally time for an Update. Still searching for the perfect EDC light and these are close.

image.jpg

Last edited:

djdawg

Enlightened
I like the 4-7,s MLX for now ........Ive just ordered the O,light i1 to give that a try.
The Fenix E-15 is a good one too.
For me anyway.

The Freeholder

Newly Enlightened
For me, it's a Streamlight Nano. Tiny enough that I never know it's in my pocket. Bright enough for most tasks.

neerahs

Newly Enlightened
Those are really nice lights. I have the Quantum DD, but it's still a twist light. I'm really looking for a light I can operate with one hand. The photon freedom is one example, but I want to know what else is out there.

Thanks!