Best Multi-tool ?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
shankus said:
I love the SOG, but the tools don't lock, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tools on my SOG lock...strange that yours wouldn't...I have the powerlock SOG.
SOG Powerlock

[ QUOTE ]

Someone should make a custom multitool, where you select the tools/blades, and their arrangement in the multitool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange thing is Gerber user to do this, but it looks like they don't offer it anymore. You used to be able to order which tools you wanted on which side and pick what sort of plier jaws you wanted, color, etc. I looked just now and they appear to have stopped offering that.

Cheers...

JM-99

mylan

Newly Enlightened
Everytime I open the scissors on my Wave I think "Damn, that's an ingenious system for a pair of scissors". I must say I'm happy with my Wave but I don't use it very hard, so it looks like new after one year. Victorinox does look pretty strong, but I like the needle nose on the Wave better.

Mylan

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PowerPlier is from when they were first released, I think. Also, mine aren't needle nosed.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Not necessarily the best, but the Pulse has served me well. It's got locking tools that I regularly need, doesn't weigh a ton, isn't too big and was reasonably priced.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always been a leatherman kinda guy. When leatherman releases their new tools, I think they just might set new standards for multi tools.

felder

Newly Enlightened
Those new tools sure look nice.

[ QUOTE ]
tiktok 22 said:
Always been a leatherman kinda guy. When leatherman releases their new tools, I think they just might set new standards for multi tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

gilbequick

Newly Enlightened
The Leatherman Wave and Charge are tough to beat. I'm a multi-tool guy, those 2 are my favorites. There are a few different Charge models to choose from that have slightly different tools so you could pick which one suits you best.
The Wave is very similar, sometimes having the exact same tools, but has a different feel in.your hand. IMO the Charge has a more comfortable feel due to it's nicer nicer scales, but you pay for those scales so to some it's not worth it.
I've never been a big fan of Gerber, and to top it off with a ginormous cherry, the fact that there made in China kills it for me every time. Leatherman is made in the US.
If rust is a big concern, the Vic Swisstool is a fantastic choice. That is a great jul multi as well and is nice to use.

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
I had a wave and lost it dangit then whent out and got a surge to replace it it is a little bigger but fits my hands better i use it for fishing and hunting and work too

Exdeath

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the Charge TTi, mainly for the S30v blade and titanium scales. The Gerber switchblade-y plier one handed opening is really fun, though.

bdl931

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the Leatherman MUT. For me it is the perfect EDC for my career choice(Army).