Best single-AA lights.... your nominations please

Bluehinder

Newly Enlightened
I have the D10, LD10, L1T v2.0, and the Jetbeam I Pro IBS. To me it's no contest, the Jetbeam hands down. No brainer.

I think the D10 is very nice, but the Jetbeam is better in every catagory.

I'll give the D10 the nod on size.

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have the others but I do have a LD10, so +1 for that.

P.S. Anybody knows if the LD10 can be used with 14500 batteries?

Thx!,
Tim

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'll vote for the D10. It is a well built light and is not too big. It has great flexibility with a wide output range. It is also pretty efficient at the lower output levels and offers long runtime options.

However, depending on how well the new EZAA tests, I think I may carry that more often due to the smaller size.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the D10, LD10, L1T v2.0, and the Jetbeam I Pro IBS. To me it's no contest, the Jetbeam hands down. No brainer.

I think the D10 is very nice, but the Jetbeam is better in every catagory.

I'll give the D10 the nod on size.

I think I need to take a good close look at the JetBeam I Pro IBS! :eek:oo:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Guess I'll have to go against the grain, maybe because I don't have a D10, and vote for my beloved Proton Pro. Things I like about it are the variable output, additional red LED, great clip, side clickie, and its different look. Not the brightest and the beam's a little funky, but still quite adequate. Price ain't bad, too.

The best looking and smallest is still the Arc AA (maybe not as slim as the EZAA, but I think it's shorter).

Geoff

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebra H501
disclaimer - this is the only 1aa light I have, however, that doesn't make it less awesome.

Yes, Zebra isn't a thrower, but its the first light i've forgotten about when I was using it. It's beam is perfect. I'm new to cpf, but i've never noticed artifacts in other lights like I have since using the zebra. The form factor is excellent.

Burgess

Flashaholic
LiteFlux LF5XT

Truly a sweet little gem. :kiss:

Probably my overall favorite flashlight.

:cool:
_

obriencr

Newly Enlightened
Proton Pro for overall size and versatility. White light, red light, variable light settings.

travelinman

Enlightened
I love the UI on the ITP C7, it's got variable brightness + strobe, it's shape makes it very EDC and it's very affordable. Plus the service at shiningbeam is top notch.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry can't pick one favorite, the world is just not black and white.

Fenix L1D,L1T
Zebra H50, H501
LRI Photon Proton Pro
LiteFlux LF5-XT (it's programmable)
RiverRock 1W (economical, easy access choice)
Fenix (discontinued models at clearance price e.g. L1S, L1P)

(really looking forward to seeing the EZAA with Q3-5B)

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the UI on the ITP C7, it's got variable brightness + strobe, it's shape makes it very EDC and it's very affordable. Plus the service at shiningbeam is top notch.
I only recently got an iTP C7R so I did not list it. I'm evaluating it though and I agree it's a very nice light. I'm still amazed at how ergonomic it feels. I have a NiteCore Extreme and a Olight Infinitum with very similar variable light UI (Infinitum is identical).

I'm undecided about the UI, it sort of makes it both a clicky and a twisty under normal use. On the other hand, it implements a memory that is not automatic (I don't care for automatic mode memory lights). I've used the infinitum quite a bit, and shown it to people. I'm surprised sometimes that non-flashaholics don't seem to care for the twisty level UI either. It could be they need to live with it for a while longer. I have an Infinitum I was going to gift, but now it might end up on B/S/T, non-flashaholics seem to prefer the simple clicky.

I'm pretty sure I would have prefered the T version of the iTP C7. I'm probably going to list mine on B/S/T and try the T version.

I do think anyone that is thinking about this light should give it a try. Nice light at a nice price.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally not a big fan of AA lights, but out of what I have I'd say the Nitecore D10. At least I can run a 14500 in it. :) I also love my Zebralight H50.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Even though I don't have one, I'm going to say the Olight i15.
i15s.jpg

• [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Uses the very latest Cree 7090 XR-E R2 LED[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Uses 1XAA battery / 1.2v NiMH / 4.2V 14500[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dimensions: Length: 109.5mm , Diameter: 23.6mm[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Color: Black[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Weight:: 53g without batteries[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Modes: Illumination (Digital infinite beam adjustment) 205lm/1h 6lm/50h—— Strobe——SOS[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Linear functional adjustment for easy change of functions[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Max 150 meters / 492 feet long throw[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Output: 205 lumens output[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Runtime: 50 hours long runtime (on low level with NiMH)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tactical protruding momentary-on forward switch, with click to lock on[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The light Auto-Remembers your last used setting, when turned off [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Superior heat sink design that disperses heat to protect the LED and electrical components[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ergonomic, solid structure design allowing easy operation[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Partial smooth / orange peel reflector for flawless beam and increased throw.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Strong / quick to release lanyard to prevent loss and maintain safety[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Designed to Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Highly Water resistant[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Anti-shattering ultra clear lens, anti-scratching and anti-slip[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lock-out function to prevent accidental light activation[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Engineered anti-slip body texture that gives you a firm tight grip[/FONT]

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own 3 AA lights

Ultrafire C3 (my 1st LED light): with the 2xAA extension tube, its bright (though not as bright as some others) and also tough and reliable, i bring it fishing and am not afraid of bashing it around and dropping it on rocks, sand and occasional puddles of sea water. It's more or less retired now but i cannot bring myself to give it away, it's now a loaner light. Runtime on 2xAA was close to 4 hours and that was good enough for me.

Jetbeam Jet I MkIIx: this was my first 'high end' light and running it on 14500 was a real joy, i enjoyed the versatility of the 4 modes and loved the fact that it had a 'hidden' mode with many different levels of brightness and strobe/SOS. The size is also extremely pocketable and if i could find a way to mod it to IBS and switch the LED to either an R2 or Q5 or Q3 (warm) i would definitely be carrying that every day.

Jetbeam Jet I Pro IBS v2.0: I love this light to bits, its either in my pocket or in my work bag along with 3 spare 14500s. The IBS makes it my most versatile light, coupled with waterproofness (tested by submerging in a mug of water while on max) and a reasonable runtime of an hour plus on max, it's a great little light. My only gripe is that the clip i have on mine only allows it to be clipped bezel up with the bezel protruding out of the pocket.

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore D10 is my favorite. But I also use my LD10 alot on hiking trips with diffuser to light up my tent. They should make a diffusertip for Nitecore D10!