Best Value Light of 2024, imo...

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is... a light that with it's included battery, tir lens, lighter and shorter than a h6x series light, is the most affordable offering from Zebralight of 2024

functions are so simple, even my grandchildren can master it.

Behold: https://www.zebralight.com/A6-and-NCR18650GA-battery_p_256.html

PS order a clip for an H6x Series Light, and perhaps an Extra Battery while yer on the link. Good Stuff!!!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best value light of 2024 so far is the 5000 lumen Infinity X1 from Costco for $30. Has a removable lithium ion battery pack with built in usb-c in (1.5 amps) and usb-c out (1 amp) ports for charging battery and using as a 4 amp 7.4 volt (2 built in 4 amp 26650s) battery bank. Has a twist focus beam, but doesn't have a great deal of throw due to the massive c.o.b. l.e.d.. Large l.e.d. will probably distribute heat better to give longer runtimes on high without overheating. Input and output ports are nicely accessible by the twisting cover (nicer than rubber cover plugs). Also comes with a fully loaded 9 Duracell AA battery magazine for when the rechargeable pack is depleted and you can't wait until it's charged to use the light again. Rechargeable battery pack has a QR code to scan with your smartphone to easily find a battery replacement if it dies. Only rated IPX-4 for waterproof, but for $30 it seems like a well built and well thought out light. Also has a "heat safety lock" or an optical sensor that shuts the light off if something gets right in front of it. This prevents starting fires by accidental activations (has a lockout feature for that too) as well as preventing blinding people or burning skin up close. Optical sensors are becoming more common as companies try to avoid liability from consumer stupidity, but until recently it had been reserved for a rare few lights costing upwards of $100.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Coast G23 2AAA penlight i.e. inspection light for $10 locally, must be a clearance. Not a bad light though its beam is fixed, no high/low, but no annoying flash mode. On/off rear clickie, soft press rotates through flashlight and side COB (white/red).

It's a bit too large and heavy for my shirt pocket, still prefer the light/slim plainer penlight I've been using for years. Waiting for the smaller G22 1AAA to go on sale, $15 is a bit much for me.

Dave

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best value light of 2024 so far is the 5000 lumen Infinity X1 from Costco for $30. Has a removable lithium ion battery pack with built in usb-c in (1.5 amps) and usb-c out (1 amp) ports for charging battery and using as a 4 amp 7.4 volt (2 built in 4 amp 26650s) battery bank. Has a twist focus beam, but doesn't have a great deal of throw due to the massive c.o.b. l.e.d.. Large l.e.d. will probably distribute heat better to give longer runtimes on high without overheating. Input and output ports are nicely accessible by the twisting cover (nicer than rubber cover plugs). Also comes with a fully loaded 9 Duracell AA battery magazine for when the rechargeable pack is depleted and you can't wait until it's charged to use the light again. Rechargeable battery pack has a QR code to scan with your smartphone to easily find a battery replacement if it dies. Only rated IPX-4 for waterproof, but for $30 it seems like a well built and well thought out light. Also has a "heat safety lock" or an optical sensor that shuts the light off if something gets right in front of it. This prevents starting fires by accidental activations (has a lockout feature for that too) as well as preventing blinding people or burning skin up close. Optical sensors are becoming more common as companies try to avoid liability from consumer stupidity, but until recently it had been reserved for a rare few lights costing upwards of $100.
Thanks for detail, I know someone who just got one of these here, I will pass info along. But, still wondering how many people actually need such HBF (Honkin' Big Flashlight).

Dave

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Coast G23 2AAA penlight i.e. inspection light for $10 locally
BTW Coast offers AAA and AA Lithium USB-rechargeable (ZITHION-X) cells, anyone know about them or use them?

Dave

Last edited:

Buff

Enlightened
It's so weird but i have become a big time Wurkkos light lover. Great value for nice lights. I was always a traditional inline flashlight owner but the latest headlamp lights i purchased i am actually using as my EDC.
IMG_5474.jpeg

IMG_5475.jpeg

Approx $25 each (i got two) from China and comes with a nice harness and a 18650 battery and an extra, shorter tube for the use of a 18350 i think. The free delivery, though it does take longer than Amazon is worth the wait.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't want to go into detail since I'll only be starting testing soon, but let's see if a just under $10.oo light has what it takes; in terms if value. Or, if it's just cheap.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costco has a Duracell tri-power 2000 lumen lantern for $20. Runs on alkalines, a built in usb-c rechargeable battery, and has a solar panel on top. Also has a 1 amp usb output port for charging electronics. This looks to be the best setup lantern for disasters and emergencies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Costco has a Duracell tri-power 2000 lumen lantern for $20. Runs on alkalines, a built in usb-c rechargeable battery, and has a solar panel on top. Also has a 1 amp usb output port for charging electronics. This looks to be the best setup lantern for disasters and emergencies.
Handful of folks already tossing them up on eBay for double that.

Can't blame them. If there was a Costco near me, I'd sign up and do the same with various products.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i still miss them dorcy aaa light from back in the day i think we all had one back then

Monocrom

Flashaholic
i still miss them dorcy aaa light from back in the day i think we all had one back then
Still got two of mine. Including the Ultra rare Black Dorcy without the fish-eye optic. So rare that some flashaholics swear it never existed. Mine was New-Old stock that I stumbled across at a K-Mart in Manhattan maybe 20 years ago? There were actually two on the peg. Only bought one. Nowadays it's probably worth right around $15.oo