• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BigLeef System (continued)

Leef

Enlightened
Adamlau, there is no scheduled run of BigLeef System parts. I'll keep an eye on the Hound's inventories and schedule a second run when he's running low.

I'm glad you guys are finding the BigLeef System to be helpful in building killer lights! :twothumbs

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry it might be off-topic, I didn't want to start a new thread because of just one question.

Are Leef bodies still made? They are out of stock at Lighthound.com everytime I take a look.

I am looking for a E-head/C-tail 18650 body. Are they still in production or sold out forever? When was the last time they were in stock?

(PS. I am thinking about a E2DL head + 18650 leef body setup)

Thanks.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have just received a reply from Lighthound.com:
"At least 3 months...we are waiting on the HA III Gray CC bodies to be finished first."

:mecry:

Swagg

Enlightened
Hey guys, I have a nice BigLeef C system that works in three different set ups right now, its a great way to build a light! Anyway, after about two weeks of use it seems like the Leef clicky just quit working. None of my setups will power anymore so I'm guessing its the clicky, any ideas or suggestions?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have a nice BigLeef C system that works in three different set ups right now, its a great way to build a light! Anyway, after about two weeks of use it seems like the Leef clicky just quit working. None of my setups will power anymore so I'm guessing its the clicky, any ideas or suggestions?

Try removing the tail and touching a wire between the bottom of the battery and the bare metal at the bottom edge of the battery tube. If your light works, then yes, you've got a switch problem... if you still can't get it to work, the problem is elsewhere. Let us know what you find!

Swagg

Enlightened
Try removing the tail and touching a wire between the bottom of the battery and the bare metal at the bottom edge of the battery tube. If your light works, then yes, you've got a switch problem... if you still can't get it to work, the problem is elsewhere. Let us know what you find!

Yep, that did it. It worked when I touched the wire so I guess its the switch. How could I get this repaired?

Thanks for the suggestion.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that did it. It worked when I touched the wire so I guess its the switch. How could I get this repaired?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Swagg, that's an easy repair if one has the basic switch on hand. I have a few and could replace the failed switch... would expect to have the tail repaired then on the way back within a day of receipt. PM or email if I might help...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

That said, if you recently bought the tail from Lighthound, perhaps they could replace it for you at no charge. It shouldn't be failing that quickly.

Swagg

Enlightened
When using the BigLeef System 26650 Body with AW's IMR C cell, it seems like a spacers is needed at some point because they are quite a bit longer than the cell. What's the best way to get a spacer for this?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
When using the BigLeef System 26650 Body with AW's IMR C cell, it seems like a spacers is needed at some point because they are quite a bit longer than the cell. What's the best way to get a spacer for this?

The IMR cells are noticeably shorter than the original black-jacket cells, which would be the reason for the longer tubes. One could make a homebrew spacer using a nut and bolt (maybe brass or stainless) stuck through several large nylon washers, all from the neighborhood hardware store.

That said, it wouldn't be all that hard to machine a batch of spacers from delrin and brass... if there were enough folks interested, having such a run done would be entirely feasible.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can always use a bunch of coins with electrical tape around them.....

coins.jpg

Find the ideal diameter size in your currency, then simply experiment how many coins you will need for the task, then wrap the tape around the coins and you are done......I use this system in my BigLeef 3xC body when using 3xC alkaline cells with my Malkoff M30 drop-in.

Swagg

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I was already thinking something like this but wanting to make sure so I didn't mess anything up! Thanks