Bin Laden Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disagree with the conspiracy theories. 9/11 was not a conspiracy, the killing of bin laden is not a conspiracy. I do not believe everything that the media says, but I do believe in the United States Government. I cannot fathom the amount of effort that a "hoax" or "conspiracy" would require, but I do think that this would have been leaked by now based on the simple fact that very large amounts of people would be involved. Bin laden is dead, I don't need further evidence, but I would love to see the video, or picture, because I enjoy evil being destroyed.

This is a complex issue and there have been opinions that have challenged my own, but I attempt to understand them without bias. Obviously bias is impossible to avoid, I understand that my opinions are affected by my beliefs/morals/etc. There will always be those who deny bin laden is dead. This cannot be changed with DNA evidence, or pictures, or video. I do not know what should be done with the evidence that shows he is gone.

I guess I hope the world as a whole can understand that this isn't a conspiracy. Bin laden is dead, and the U.S. government killed him and disposed of him properly. The understanding or opinion surrounding the situation does not matter, USA did it perfect.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The article about the video blackout is interesting... It does seem like there are some significant inconsistencies about the story, first with the claim the bin Laden was armed when he was not, and that his wife had maybe been used as a human shield... However, the fact that the President and his team weren't actually watching the feed makes all of this confusion reasonable, since any information would have to come from debriefing the SEALs themselves, and human memory is a very imprecise thing in general, especially when the details that need to be remembered are those of a high adrenaline firefight in the dark, where it might not have been completely clear what was going on as it was occuring.

I don't doubt that he is now dead considering many of his supporters are calling him a martyr; if he was still alive there would no doubt be some sort of denial by Al Qaeda or a video featuring bin Laden himself. Obama said that bin Laden "will not walk this earth again," and I believe him. Pictures would provide more concrete proof, but he has decided not to release them so that seems to be out of the question. Honestly I think that they should have been released because I feel that transparent journalism is especially important in war in order to prevent the populace from falling victim to propoganda; in order to make educated judgements about going to war we must understand what can result from it. The people who would be offended by the release of his picture are already offended by his death. I am by no means an expert on this matter, but the radicals in Al Qaeda and other organizations are set on their beliefs and nothing we do as a nation will change their views of us; they clearly already hate us enough to do whatever they can to destroy us. If they had nuclear material or a biological weapon they would be planning to use it already, and I very much doubt that releasing a picture of bin Laden would make them any more likely to do so, as they already hate America pretty much the maximum amount possible.
I suppose there could be a risk of some sort of less organized riots following release of the pictures because it somehow is disrespectful to bin Laden or his religion, but I feel that he lost the privilege of respect when he decided to organize terrorist attacks that killed other humans.

And this is my own personal belief, but I strongly disagree with those who are critical of the way bin Laden's body was disposed. Why should he deserve a proper burial according to his beliefs when thousands of other people were killed because of him, thereby stripping them of something much more important than the right to their desired burial: their lives. Those with no respect for life deserve no respect in death.
To quote Clint Eastwood's charater in the 1992 film Unforgiven:
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
bin Laden took away everything from thousands of people. I feel that he should be allowed to keep nothing in death, including his dignity.

Marmaduke

Newly Enlightened
Photos and video footage will be released by Obama in due time. With an election fast approaching, they are being saved as a "Trump" card for a time that will bounce poll numbers and achieve maximum political gain.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
bin Laden took away everything from thousands of people. I feel that he should be allowed to keep nothing in death, including his dignity.

+1

flashflood

Enlightened
I'm certain he's really dead. Think about it. If Obama made this announcement in late October 2012, I'd be skeptical. But he's making it now, well over a year before the next election. Any bounce he gets from this will be long gone by then, indeed probably by next week, as people return to focusing on $5.00 gasoline and other more immediate concerns. So there is really no upside to lying about it. By contrast, the downside risk is being proven wrong by a new bin Laden video, mocking the failed attack on his doppelgänger. It would absolutely destroy his reelection campaign.

In short, even if you don't generally like or trust Obama, it doesn't matter in this case: simple self-preservation dictates that you don't make an announcement of this kind unless you are absolutely certain it is true.

BriteIdea

Newly Enlightened
no you don't
you make it sound like there is a binary choice between knowing and believing.
allow me to suggest a third option, that imo is worth considering:

the acceptence of ignorance.
simply accept the fact that u do not know, and unless/until new information
presents itself, leave it at that.

There comes a time in your life when you/we hear all kinds of stuff, the bad guys, media hype and what's wrong with the world. If our heads of states say he's dead whether this week or last 5 years ago, if nothing else, it will relax some of our smaller minded people.

No matter what tragic event takes place we need to move on and figure how to "better" this planet we call home. bin Laden was a figure head and I'm sure he had many brainwashed followers willing to sacrifice there meaningless lives.

It's about freedom and democracy. If bin Laden was taken before the courts there would have been a lot more hell to pay and a circus like you wouldn't believe. You thought O.J. Simpsaon and Lindsay Loahan was bad?????
I don't need video or picture proof.

If they say he's dead let's accept that and move on OR this will be a soap opera for years to come. If he resurfaces again, they'll re-kill him again [touch of humor and sarcasm-noted]

OCD

Enlightened
There comes a time in your life when you/we hear all kinds of stuff, the bad guys, media hype and what's wrong with the world. If our heads of states say he's dead whether this week or last 5 years ago, if nothing else, it will relax some of our smaller minded people.

No matter what tragic event takes place we need to move on and figure how to "better" this planet we call home. bin Laden was a figure head and I'm sure he had many brainwashed followers willing to sacrifice there meaningless lives.

It's about freedom and democracy. If bin Laden was taken before the courts there would have been a lot more hell to pay and a circus like you wouldn't believe. You thought O.J. Simpsaon and Lindsay Loahan was bad?????
I don't need video or picture proof.

If they say he's dead let's accept that and move on OR this will be a soap opera for years to come. If he resurfaces again, they'll re-kill him again [touch of humor and sarcasm-noted]

+1

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theatre of the absurd

Usama bin Laden died a LONG time ago.
He was not alive to see the year 2002.

Secondly it would have been nice to arrest him, give him a trial, and see 1 piece of evidence that he had anything to do with the 9/11 inside job.

Marmaduke

Newly Enlightened
Re: Theatre of the absurd

Usama bin Laden died a LONG time ago.
He was not alive to see the year 2002.

Secondly it would have been nice to arrest him, give him a trial, and see 1 piece of evidence that he had anything to do with the 9/11 inside job.
Everybody knows he was an innocent victim and Bush and Cheney personally blew up the twin towers so they lie the country into a war for oil to help rich people screw over poor people. BTW the real reason US missions to the moon ended is because the dark side of the moon is now inhabited by Klingons.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

Marmaduke

Newly Enlightened

My comments were dripping with sarcasm. It is unfortunate that yours are not^

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

I, firsthand, was at

And you've also been on CPF long enough to know that overtly political commentary will get a thread closed, which we do not appreciate. So how about you put all that Underground where it belongs..

lmao, do you have any idea what is involved in controlled demo??????

Don't feed the trolls.

______

Also, I think the impact on Al Queda from all the computers and thumb drives we got off Osama has been greatly underplayed; we now know every bit of information that's been shared with their leader for who knows how long - anything that was being planned or even theorized has now been revealed in full to the US. This essentially means they'll have to hit the reset button on their entire organization, restart everything from square one. If there is retaliation for our raid, it could be a long time coming..

Marmaduke

Newly Enlightened

Also, I think the impact on Al Queda from all the computers and thumb drives we got off Osama has been greatly underplayed; we now know every bit of information that's been shared with their leader for who knows how long - anything that was being planned or even theorized has now been revealed in full to the US. This essentially means they'll have to hit the reset button on their entire organization, restart everything from square one. If there is retaliation for our raid, it could be a long time coming..

Yes, hopefully the information will lead to many, many more US raids against Al Qaeda...

Status
Not open for further replies.