Black Diamond Voyager

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
Anyone own of these? They seem to be somewhat new.

I'd like to compare it to the Favourlight Warm size wise, I'm wondering how much smaller it is compared to it. The collapse feature I like, and am wondering what the weight would be with the 4 AA's installed.

I got a backpacking trip, and am contemplating on this over the Favourlight Warm. Any input would be great. Thank you.

pete3

Newly Enlightened
i've got one, cant do a comparison to anything for you as it is my only lantern. but when collapsed it is about 1/2 inch wide than my palm, but i have big hands. light weight, mainly just the four batteries is the heavy part. decently bright, lights up the room well enough, but not shockingly well. its pretty bulky is my only complaint. It has a very good battery life. been going on 3 months using it pretty regularly and i have been surprised, it has just now gone to yellow on the batt indicator.-cool feature green yellow red. has hanging hooks on top, I would not get It because it is too bulky, but im not sure what else is out there, I was gifted it, and I really do like it, just wish you could have packed more of a punch in a smaller package, i have no need for the flashlight part, i have tons of smaller and much brighter handhelds, so its useless to me, good luck!

crazyk4952

Newly Enlightened
I have had one of these for several years and I just used it to light my tent last weekend. It worked well for this overall.

My only real complaint with it is that the light is fairly harsh. But this seems to be the nature of led.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only real complaint with it is that the light is fairly harsh. But this seems to be the nature of led.

It is the nature of a poorly designed glare reduction system.

For an example of LED diffusion done right, look at the Coleman lanterns.

While I take issue with their poor, fragile build quality, there is little to no glare.

There is no excuse in 2013 for harsh light from an LED.