BLF A6

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a blf a6 from banggood.
Would like to ask if my existing 18650 will work with the a6 fine. Im not after the max output it can get with the best 18650.
I just want to know if this buttontop protected 18650 or any 18650 would work safely with the a6 without risks destroying anything in the blf a6 or any risk like fire etc. Thank you.
d7b745fde86ad66af0f590becd4a0586.jpg
0e040809590cdc7017d2d10d4445385e.jpg

sgt253

Enlightened
I have an A6. I don't know the brand of 18650 that you are specifically asking about, but it theoretically should work in the light. You are already aware of the limitations on the battery reference the highest output. The driver in the light itself has over discharge protection. This will help with the timing of recharging your battery when it becomes low...

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
In theory any 18650 will work in the A6 if you are not after maximum output.

However ( and you knew there would be a however!) I don't know what those cells are, except that they are made in China. That can be a red flag as we have no idea what that cell is underneath that pro point wrapper, and there are some dangerous cells that regularly find their way onto the market. 2200mah is quite low for capacity, which is a good thing as some of these bad Chinese cells can claim up to 9800mah from a single cell. They can be as little as 7-8% of that.

Personally, I don't play around with lithium ion cells and would get a Panasonic, Sanyo, LG, Samsung or Sony made cell where I can, and get yourself one with a protection circuit put on. They are likely to be much better cells. Having said that those are likely to be fine. :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it fits, run it. Only possible issue (not already mentioned) other than length, would be that the PCB could cause issues under high drain use conditions. Good luck.

Streamer

Enlightened
There's no danger running those cells in your A6 although they could possibly under perform/shut down in turbo mode due to insufficient amperage draw. A quality IMR type (i.e. Samsung 30Q) will give you maximum amperage on turbo/ direct drive mode in the A6.

tigfur

Newly Enlightened
Any 18650 is fine in this flashlight.
BTW is it normal that when fast switching through all modes the light flashes several times when changing from turbo to moonlight? it only happenes when i switch it quickly if i press it slowly (closer to the 0,5s) it doesnt happen. It also happens only on full charge. the flashing is similar to the bike flasher, it kinda looks like its switching all the 7 modes down really quick. Does that happen to you too?