Border Patrol misusing lights

SYZYGY

Enlightened
wait, so tonk is basically onomatopoeia for bonking someone on the head with a maglite?
and then it was retconned into Temporarily Outside Native Country (TONC)?

lol... sigh

never heard tonk/tonc until today, but i don't really follow this kind of news.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Entire article is bullcrap. But then what can anyone expect form huff post. lol However I like Temporarily Outside Native Country (TONC) definition, T implies they will be sent back.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Would that make large flashlights Evil Toys?

tonka.jpg

I just couldn't resist. :rolleyes::eek: I did call them Evil!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll believe the border agents before I'll believe the Huffington Post. Just remember not long ago the media was falsely claiming that the border agents were whipping the migrants. I don't think they ever really apologized for that blatant lie. I'll stand behind those who are fighting for the U.S. putting their lives on the line every day over those hiding behind a newspaper claiming they are more credible while poking our heroes with a stick behind their backs.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
But most do not come to work hard, they come for free stuff, to live on someone else's dime, and some come to commit crimes. gangs that we never heard before in usa, are setting up shops in usa, billions of our tax dollars are being wasted, taken from programs that we paid into, thanks to current administration. They are not fleeing war, or natural disasters, their advocates say they run from poverty and crime, but they bring poverty and crime with them here.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with the people that believe in living the American dream so much that they are willing to take these risks just to come here to work hard.
Would these people be the ones smuggling enough fentanyl to kill everyone on the planet, the ones with colored wristbands identifying how much work they owe to pay back the cartels, or those dressed in army fatigues carrying guns and wearing carpet shoes to cover their tracks?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the border was completely open and people were free to come and go as they please there would be no need for cartel. I was friends with very many Hispanics facing deportation and other charges. The only one for certain that I know was cartel or gang related was an MS13 member I used to drink coffee with every morning. I don't have any issue with these people most of them were decent people and almost always a Christian.

Sure to get to USA they may have to work a deal out with a cartel and mule some drugs here. It is the Americans fault that they buy drugs that fuel violence and other problems.

I bet nearly everyone here that is a US citizen isn't a native and their ancestors came from Asia, Africa, or Europe. Also it isn't like we don't let any Cuban come here and get citizenship why can't we do this for others? If someone wants to be American I say we let them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I admit, I'm First Generation immigrant.
So are my parents. Difference is, we had enough respect for America to come here, legally. Dad was a machinist. Mom, a nurse. Both worked very hard. The family was never on Welfare. Shortly after arriving, Dad was given some help by a American-Russian Anti-Communist organization. Gave him $1,000 to help in getting settled in. Within a year, dad had paid them back to the penny. And, since we were here legally; none of us had to worry about getting caught and deported. Allowed me to concentrate on school-work, while my parents concentrated on work.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the border was completely open and people were free to come and go as they please there would be no need for cartel. I was friends with very many Hispanics facing deportation and other charges. The only one for certain that I know was cartel or gang related was an MS13 member I used to drink coffee with every morning. I don't have any issue with these people most of them were decent people and almost always a Christian.

Sure to get to USA they may have to work a deal out with a cartel and mule some drugs here. It is the Americans fault that they buy drugs that fuel violence and other problems.

I bet nearly everyone here that is a US citizen isn't a native and their ancestors came from Asia, Africa, or Europe. Also it isn't like we don't let any Cuban come here and get citizenship why can't we do this for others? If someone wants to be American I say we let them.
Are you aware that the initiation into MS13 requires you to murder someone? That's not what I would consider Christian. People in Mexico are predominantly Catholic. That's how they were raised. Doesn't mean much if you go around killing people.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
If you all want I'll delete this but I rather let a good hard working foreign person in this country then just deport a flag burner. But that's me. And I promise if this offends anyone tell me I'll delete it just expressing my. Mind

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you all want I'll delete this but I rather let a good hard working foreign person in this country then just deport a flag burner. But that's me. And I promise if this offends anyone tell me I'll delete it just expressing my. Mind
If we're allowed a vote, I'd respectfully ask that you not delete this topic, my friend. It's thought-provoking and may change some minds on a very important issue. Thank you.