• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
Re: BOSS bounce gone bad

My bounce only works well on 1 level which when I played with it was about 70-80 on afterburner. I doubt you'll ever get it to work on all levels and of course it's going to trigger instantly at 50 on the higher levels. My thought is it's only useful on the higher levels to keep it from melting holes in your pockets.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

My bounce only works well on 1 level which when I played with it was about 70-80 on afterburner. I doubt you'll ever get it to work on all levels and of course it's going to trigger instantly at 50 on the higher levels. My thought is it's only useful on the higher levels to keep it from melting holes in your pockets.

So maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, but I would think 50 would be a less sensitive setting and 80 to 90 or whatever the upper numbers are would be more sensitive. I only need it for turbo so it doesn't melt a hole in my pocket etc. Do I have this correctly?

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened

I was thinking incorrect on the sensitivity numbers, for whatever reason I thought that 50 was more sensitive than 80???? Hopefully you get an answer from overready soon because something seems off with your light. Good luck and sorry for the confusion.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

One thing that happened to me that drove me nuts when I was programming the light was that sometimes when I made a change to the settings and then go to programming, the "code" generated was actually still the previous settings. I had to logout of the site and close out of my web browser to completely start over. After doing that I logged back in, changed the settings , programmed and it finally worked. Maybe give that a try? And also maybe load up the default factory settings to make sure you're starting fresh.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

On the Lux RC site the Bounce Setting says High Sens by the 90's, Normal Sens by the 80's and Low Sens by the 50's.
P

One thing that happened to me that drove me nuts when I was programming the light was that sometimes when I made a change to the settings and then go to programming, the "code" generated was actually still the previous settings. I had to logout of the site and close out of my web browser to completely start over. After doing that I logged back in, changed the settings , programmed and it finally worked. Maybe give that a try? And also maybe load up the default factory settings to make sure you're starting fresh.

Factory setting turns off bounce. Will that help when you turn it back on? Maybe.

Latest posts