BRASS / COPPER E to C (E2C) adapter *** SHIPPING ***

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
Re: BRASS / COPPER E to C (E2C) adapter *** feeler ***

or alternatively, copper would take chrome quite well :)

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if chrome would stick to copper. I asked for aluminum though, because I wanted to keep this particular project as lightweight as possible.

As for stainless, I don't know if Chris even does those. It seems like it would be more difficult to machine, being a harder material. How does steel stack up to copper or aluminum for thermal regulation?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one in brass please!!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you start your 7/28 batch yet? I was wondering if I could get a raw (unanodized) aluminum E2C along with my copper. My intent is to get it hard-chromed for use on a stainless body.

Yes, I can get you a raw aluminum one before I send them to the anodizers. It seems it would be better to just get one made of stainless then to send one to get Hard Chrome Plated. You might be able to get it done for cheaper than me but my Platers would charge a minimum which is around $120.00 for the hard chrome plating.

A titanium E2C would probably look pretty nice on the stainless body. :wave:

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened

Yes, I can get you a raw aluminum one before I send them to the anodizers. It seems it would be better to just get one made of stainless then to send one to get Hard Chrome Plated. You might be able to get it done for cheaper than me but my Platers would charge a minimum which is around $120.00 for the hard chrome plating.

A titanium E2C would probably look pretty nice on the stainless body. :wave:

Thanks for the info.

Do you make an E2C in stainless?

I'm not sure that I want to use titanium, because I am going to use a high output Quad drop-in that gets very hot. We know that titanium is not good for heat sinking. BTW how is stainless in that regard?

I have a gunsmith buddy who can do the hardchrome fairly cheap. He can also do Cerakote if I decide to go that route, so I would like to get a raw one for future projects regardless of what I get for this specific light (a FM stainless 1X18650 e series).

fyrstormer

Banned

I will buy one in Ti. What's the total?
Frank
They are very nice. :D

CIMG4724.jpg

fyrstormer

Banned

I'm not sure that I want to use titanium, because I am going to use a high output Quad drop-in that gets very hot. We know that titanium is not good for heat sinking. BTW how is stainless in that regard?
Ah. Aluminum has a higher thermal capacity by weight than copper has, but copper weighs more so it has a higher thermal capacity by volume than aluminum has. Since the volume of the E2C Adaptor is the one thing that cannot change, that means the copper version will have the best thermal capacity. So you might want to get the copper one even though it weighs more, just so it can absorb heat for a longer time before it gets really hot. You might even decide to leave it un-plated to show off the lovely copper color.

Last edited:

mojospapi

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in one. But I'm unsure of the pros and cons of each material. Can anyone care to explain?
Tnx

Sent from my smahtfone...Droiiiiiid

fyrstormer

Banned

Copper: Excellent heat conduction, heavier than brass and much heavier than titanium, softer than brass and much softer than titanium, oxidizes dark brown and eventually green, doesn't require special lubrication.

Brass: Very good heat conduction, slightly lighter than copper but still heavier than titanium, harder than copper but softer than titanium, oxidizes tan and eventually dark brown, doesn't require special lubrication.

Titanium: It conducts heat :D, lighter than brass or copper, harder than just about everything, oxidizes clear, requires special lubrication to prevent threads from binding.

Unobtainium: Excellent heat conduction, lighter than titanium, harder than titanium, doesn't oxidize, makes you rich and famous, doesn't require special lubrication. (OUT OF STOCK)

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

I would say copper is more valuable than brass, mainly because it's so rare in the flashlight market. Titanium is actually probably more common than copper as a flashlight material, but it's still a distant third to aluminum and plastic.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please add me to the list for one in brass.

(and as many as I can get in Unobtanium, I LOVE that stuff.)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

It seems like the Brass will get produced. The copper might get produced. I might have to make 5-10 copper just to put up on my store so the couple people that want them will get one. If I order copper it won't get here till tomorrow. Which is when I will finish the copper E2C's off. HA-Black and HA-Natural will go to the platers tomorrow.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

The copper ones will not get made unless there is a min of 5 people on the list. Sorry, material cost is very high right now for copper.

mojospapi

Newly Enlightened

Hi, you can add me to this list:

COPPER PRICE: $36.00 - 45.00 (5-9pcs produced $45.00, 10+pcs produced $36.00)

Hopefully that is enough to go fwd with production.

Tnx!

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened

I am down for one copper but I would like another one to help out this batch. I still want a raw aluminum also.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like the copper ones will have to wait until we get a few more people on the list.

The Brass ones are ready to ship so you can send PP payment now for the Brass.

Paypal address: sales (@) ogazent.com

Please include your CPF Handle and Shipping Address with payment.

Also include the shipping cost with your payment:

First Class CONUS: $2.10
Priority CONUS: $5.83
First Class International: $4.96
Priority International: $14.00

Thank You,

Chris

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

DFiorentino - Payment received and your E2C has been shipped.

Thank You,

Chris