Brightest 2C mod?

nightstalker101

Enlightened
What is the brightest 2C mag mod? I currently have a ROP LE and a 2c running a Phillips 5761 on 2 Protected C size batteries. I believe there is no other option brighter than this. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

missionaryman

Enlightened
I think you're right - the 5761 would be the brightest 2C mod, that is unless you could extract the capsule out of a 6v 55w motorbike headlight bulb without breaking it but you probably couldn't get enough power from 2 LiIons to run it anyways.

nightstalker101

Enlightened
ya, I think the 5761 is the upper limit for the 5A current draw limit of the protection of the battery. It still take two clicks to power it, however I did run into a 6V 35W bulb and maybe with severall clicks this one would light too.

duckpotatoes

Newly Enlightened
nightstalker101 said:
What is the brightest 2C mag mod? I currently have a ROP LE and a 2c running a Phillips 5761 on 2 Protected C size batteries. I believe there is no other option brighter than this. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
What kind of "C ", is that, a 26650? Lith-Ion? Never heard of the animal! Do tell!
thanks!

cnjl3

Enlightened
I thought about doing the same thing but when i saw the 'extender' i didnt think it would work.
Did you have to also re-do the tail cap spring?
Or were you able to make enough room with just adjusting the switch assembly?
Does the rubber switch seal still fit?
Do you have any pictures?
Sorry for bugging you.
popcorn.gif

nightstalker101 said:
Ya, they are AW's, they went on sale last saterday. They are slightly longer than regular C's and he sells a extender, however I was able to move the switch forward enough to allow theys cells to fit without a extender. Here this sales thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/157613

willrx

Enlightened
Single click with the 5761? Is this a bi-pin bulb that would work with an FM golden socket? Thanks.