Brightest handheld LED flashlight

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lumens king

Lux Rc Fatboy FB1 or the Olight marauder as said above. Both are at least 5k lumens and they are stock.

Aside from those the new benchmark is about 4k lumens. There's an Olight Sr96 coming out, the new Lupine lights and more trickling out as the weeks pass

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight s6330 should fit snug in the hand and has a decent 2400 lumens and moonlight mode is a bonus too. Difficult to find atm, though.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ BeastFlashlight I thought the FB1 had already been released, I know they do really small runs and figured there sold out.

Not that I have that kinda scratch lying around ;)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ BeastFlashlight I thought the FB1 had already been released, I know they do really small runs and figured there sold out.

Not that I have that kinda scratch lying around ;)
I just found out not to long ago via the Lux-RC FL33 review thread that the Fatboy is a 2014 'Future' light, i swear finding out info on the Fatboy was like pulling teeth. Still don't know what the price tag will be, or what the lumens, and most importantly what the max output runtime will be. The deal breaker for me will be if it can only hold max output for a minute or so, and at it's tiny size i imagine that will be the case

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
fb1 is built around active cooling turbine concept so you can run it on full as long as needed with no heating at all.
this is basically the core idea of this light.
grab 12 leds and drive 2 amps to each isn't something extraordinary, it's rather a trivial thing to do

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
2 amps per each led. The total count is 12. The total wattage is 80 watts. The total flux is about 7000 lumens at least.
yes, it's nothing special out of a pocket EDC light.

PS. Thanks to new synchronous regulator the wattage has been extended to absolute maximum of XP-sized leds, so 6000 lumens is obsolete information. In fact the regulator is able to supply up to 170 watts (~4A per led) but this would fry the leds in seconds so 2-2.5 per led is a reasonable maximum. Probably I will shift the limits after testing the turbine in combination with direct heat sinking. It would be nice to try 150-170watts at least for a few seconds :devil:. The bottleneck is the supply (12 amps per cell). Only IMR will cope with this load.

----- updated on 17-sep-13 ------

fb1_insider1.png

fb1_insider2.png

Last edited:

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened

tonkem

Enlightened

Wow, those Lupine lights all seem to have really high outputs, but at those prices I'd rather duck tape three TM26's together! :devil:

That would be a very large light.. The Lupines are much smaller and put out a wall of light, even with the Betty TL I have not, at 2600 lumens. :) Depends on what you use the light for. I use it to cycle at night, as well as a flashlight, so it fits the need of 2 lights(a bike light, and a flashlight) so I can justify the cost (to the wife) that way. Same deal for the Wilma TL that I have at 1100 lumens(bike light and flashlight) I have 3 bicycles that my wife, myself and my niece sometimes ride at night, so we need a good bike light :)

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened

I would go with the TM26 from nite core. It's got a build in charger for your 18650s.

Last edited:

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened

It's been a couple of years since the last post on this thread. As of Nov. 2015, what is the brightest handheld LED flashlight? Would it be the Thrunite TN36 with 6150 lumens? Also, has someone verified the accuracy of the output?

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Noctigon Meteor M43 with all XPL HI should output over 8000 lumens.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow it is simply amazing the advancements that have been made just in the last two years. So if your talking a light that is not the size of a bazooka then yes the M43 is it.