Brightest LED for $75 or under

crizyal

Enlightened
God how I hate these threads. Do the other forums have this problem?
Fastest car under $20k
Lightest bicycle under $500
Sharpest knife under $30

I feel your pain, though some people just feel the need for speed (so to speak) but are on a budget. It does seem like a fair question, but my honest opinion is that the old saying still stands, "You get what you pay for". That being said, I have a light that I paid $150.00 for (Eagletac M2X) and I just traded for a cheaper thrower (RX-1). I love the Eagletac, and we will see about the RX-1 as it hasn't arrived yet.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with cave dave just get you a great quality light like a Fenix,Eagletac or Nitecore and don't worry about cheaper lights that claims really high output. I say this assuming your fairly new to lights and want a really good starter light.

seadial

Newly Enlightened
The Dorcy MG-500 619 lumen aluminium body flashlight seems to be good value for under $40. I purchased one from an eBay seller and received the flashlight just over a week ago. The only problem was the six supplied AA Dorcy brand batteries had started to turn up their toes as two were leaking and two were reading low on a battery test meter. I replaced them with 6 Energizer AA batteries and the flashlight now gives out a strong beam of light with quite a lot of spill beam so that it is a very handy torch and light to carry, it just needs a wrist strap.