Brightest, longest lasting G.I.T.D stickers?

D2000

Enlightened
Hi everybody,

Just a nice quick thread asking about GITD stickers that I wish to stick on the a lux-rc triple led board in my Tri EDC?

Can I get guidance on the best stickers and where to acquire them? Ultra Green or ultra blue are preferable.

I have already browsed sites like glowinc and darkniteglow but I'm looking for user experience of the best :)

Quest4fire

Enlightened
That is a very hot place for a a sticker of any kind. Try glow powder (Strontium aluminate) mixed with crystal clear epoxy. You may have to experiment with powder to epoxy ratio for the desired consistency and have a steady hand when applying your glow mixture. The 5 minute variety may dry too quickly if you want to take your time and be really creative/artistic. Happy modding!

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the glow powder epoxy combo.

I did that once with a Maglite mod around a XR-E. The XR-E has this metal ring around it and I filled the heatsink up until this ring, looked pretty nice especially with the aspherical lens (this is the thread about the said light).

Your setup should get slightly hotter but I think that shouldn't be a problem with the right epoxy. For the mixing part: I took the epoxy, mixed this one and added glowpowder until I had just the right mixture I needed. If the mixture is sligthly fluid you'll get a nice smooth surface as it'll flatten out on its own.