Budget Smart Chargers

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok

I am a bit of a charger addiction, I have around 20-30 of them, My latest is an SkyRC MC3000 and a Opus BT-C3100 so you might be wondering why i bought an cheap basic no feature lcd smart charger, Basically because it liked the display, it only charges AA at 450ma and AAA at 200ma which is fast enough for me.

So if you have any new simple chargers post them here, or if you have an comments positive or negative.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paid £13.99 from eBay and it came with 4 NX-Ready AA 2000mah battery`s but i have seen them sold with and without battery`s i think the sellers are adding them as the blister pack can be opened and closed easily.

Uniross 3-5 Hour LCD Charger

http://www.uniross.com/products/3-5h-lcd-charger/

Iyc22wV.jpg

John.

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Display looks good John! You still have a free power point obviously, so why stop now! :D

I just purchased the Opus BT-C3100 today myself, but it was so cheap on eBay that I think I may have made a blue. Hope it's legit.... I had a quick look on here and on the other excellent forum ( where torch meets tight a--) and couldn't see any fakes around. Anyway, that's only #5 charger, so I feel better now. :)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually that is my kitchen bench and there is another double socket 24" away from the one in the photo, But i got a couple of kittens a few weeks ago and they love chewing anything they can get a hold off, I already lost a pair of Sony Earphones, so i keep the bench top empty.

The Opus BT-C3100 is sold under a couple of other names, My one is an Floureon BT-C3100 also PowerFocus, But they are all made by Opus, No fakes that i know.

John.

Display looks good John! You still have a free power point obviously, so why stop now! :D

I just purchased the Opus BT-C3100 today myself, but it was so cheap on eBay that I think I may have made a blue. Hope it's legit.... I had a quick look on here and on the other excellent forum ( where torch meets tight a--) and couldn't see any fakes around. Anyway, that's only #5 charger, so I feel better now. :)

Last edited:

Swede74

Enlightened
You can get this one at Clas Ohlson. It looks similar enough to be the same model sold under yet another name.

9339041087518.jpg

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually that is my kitchen bench and there is another double socket 24" away from the one in the photo, But i got a couple of kittens a few weeks ago and they love chewing anything they can get a hold off, I already lost a pair of Sony Earphones, so i keep the bench top empty.

The Opus BT-C3100 is sold under a couple of other names, My one is an Floureon BT-C3100, But they are all made by Opus, No fakes that i know.

John.

You know that kittens can jump, right?! :D

Good to know re the Opus/Floureon, thanks.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm still using my Duracell Mobile Charger I got 2 of them years ago off Ebay when there was a good thread about them and they are very simple, have a usb (500ma) port which can be used off AC or as a power bank off 4 batteries although I've never used the battery power bank feature I have used the USB port off AC to charge power banks many times as it is very convenient. I also removed the cover from the charger it detaches quite easily and mine didn't come with the car adapter but you can pick one up easily but be sure to get one with a longer metal shank as the shorter ones don't work. I also have a more expensive BC 900 that I use for batteries that I need to analyze or that won't charge in the duracell charger. You can still get these chargers but the price has gone up to $25 or so I got my two for 10-12 dollars without the car cords they make two models of these chargers but the differences is basically car cords and batteries included and I believe some came with duraloops (white tops) and some cheap chinese cells (black tops) These have been discontinued for a long time so the batteries that may come with them may possibly have issues YMMV so buy it for the charger and consider the batteries a bonus if included.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those as well, it gives a good full battery charge though my first one started to smoke when i tried to charge my phone from the usb port, the replacement works great though.

John.

I'm still using my Duracell Mobile Charger I got 2 of them years ago off Ebay when there was a good thread about them and they are very simple, have a usb (500ma) port which can be used off AC or as a power bank off 4 batteries although I've never used the battery power bank feature I have used the USB port off AC to charge power banks many times as it is very convenient. I also removed the cover from the charger it detaches quite easily and mine didn't come with the car adapter but you can pick one up easily but be sure to get one with a longer metal shank as the shorter ones don't work. I also have a more expensive BC 900 that I use for batteries that I need to analyze or that won't charge in the duracell charger. You can still get these chargers but the price has gone up to $25 or so I got my two for 10-12 dollars without the car cords they make two models of these chargers but the differences is basically car cords and batteries included and I believe some came with duraloops (white tops) and some cheap chinese cells (black tops) These have been discontinued for a long time so the batteries that may come with them may possibly have issues YMMV so buy it for the charger and consider the batteries a bonus if included.