Enlightened
Can't decide?

LD10 OR D10?
E2 OR 6P?
NovaTac OR Ra?
Olight OR JetBeam?
TK40 OR M2C4?
Cool OR Warm?

For me, recently, it was EagleTac's P10C2 and T10C2. I wanted the lumens, lux and SPILL of the T10C2 but liked the size and power of the P10C2.

I couldn't decide...So, I bought BOTH! Even if they were purchased about a week apart.

The T10C2's tight but soft spot, great for distances and LARGE and BRIGHT SPILL, great for flooding an area is a perfect counter to the P10C2's smaller size that feels great in the hand (and pocket), smaller spill and medium sized spot that's great at any distance are different enough that I've kept both.

What two (or more!) flashlights had you so undecided that you just had to buy both? And why? Did you keep both? Or, did you sell one and keep the other?

dim

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done that once with an early Fenix light, kept the one I liked and sold the other. Well, thinking about it, that's not true. Bought two versions of the Peak Matterhorn, in that case, I put the other on the wife's key chain. Generally, I don't want to use $$ buying both.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
buying them at the same time.. no, not at the same time.. i cant afford that..

but gradually i have ended up with several of the lights i once had in my "which single AA EDC worthy flashlight i buy" short list..

you know, just choose which is the best choice. pick one. make a smart move and get the one you like best and is the right one for you.. i tried. but clearly couldnt.

and now im screwed..

i have (atleast these): akoray, jetbeam pro1, d10, itp c7t, quark aa..
(actually im on my second akoray.. sold the previous one..)

i hardly ever sell my lights.. but now i think i might start to sell some of them.. too many to actually find use..

current thought list of "lights i might be presuaded to sell": dereelight c2h, x2t, akoray, jetbeam, ultrafire a1. (if these are not stolen and can find them stashed somewhere: romisen g2, solarforce l2 with dx mce dropin) itp eos ss, maglite 2d with terralux.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Can't decide?
For me, recently, it was EagleTac's P10C2 and T10C2. I wanted the lumens, lux and SPILL of the T10LC2 but liked the size and power of the P100C2.

I couldn't decide...So, I bought BOTH! Even if they were purchased about a week apart.
dim

:laughing: I did the EXACT same thing with the eagletacs. I figued I'd sell one of them by now, but decided to keep them both for the same reasons you did. I love the look and feel of the P100C2 and the T10LC2's throw and spill.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA neutral regular and tactical + AA^2 tube.
I boought the regular quark with the 2 AA tube at the same time, then I just had to get the tactical before they ran out of the neutrals.
I liked the neutral color the second I tried it and had to get more. I got the tube because I couldn't decide between AA or AA^2.

Got also a TK11R2 an then a TK20 just because I wanted something comparable in neutral version. I still like the TK11 because it's a little more compact, more powerful and I can forget the batteries in it for a long time (and the tint is more neutral than all the other ones).

When I first started flashaholism I was getting two of the same flashlights. I use none of those anymore.

I never sold any flashlight, but I gave two older one aways (under 45 lumen) and might get rid of anything under 120 lumen capacity, but I'm keeping all the expensive ones.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first move from owning a couple of Maglites started when I was looking a a Fenix L2D and a Jetbeam Jet-I Pro V2. I liked the smallness of the Jetbeam, but 2 x AA on the Fenix seemed like a good way to go for runtime. I ended up with both and the Jetbeam is still in my pocket. I like the Fenix but don't use it so much because it isn't a convenient EDC size. I could always switch it over to the L1D tube I bought, but I also prefer the IBS UI on the Jetbeam.

I am currently holding myself back from purchasing a Nitecore D10 R2, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. Recently I decided to buy a light from 4sevens and I almost bought both the D10 & the H501 - but I decided that I didn't want to spend so much right at that time. I got the H501 because I was about to go camping and figured that it was time I got a Zebralight for headband/pocket clip convenience. I'll probably still buy the D10 - likely to be sooner rather than later.

I should also mention that when it comes to spending my own money I often have to make a hard choice, but if we are talking about someone else's money they I say "go for it, get both!".

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted a surefire M3LT, then i saw the Neofab LegionII, i thought a while, waited a bit, sent paypal for the legion (still waiting to recieve it) then saw the Lumens factory P7 head (paypal sent, hasnt arrived yet) and i am about to start looking for a 2x18650 leefbody.

i also tried to decide between an L2 and A2 from one seller on CPFMP, they are both on their way to me too :oops:

I am just waiting for all this nice bright stuff to arrive (oh and i need to get some stuff from lighthound, like some 18650s and 123 primaries to run it all)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy both, aaah, I had never even heard of the term until I found these halls. It happens more often now than I'd like! A few examples.

I was looking for a slim flashlight to carry at work in my pocket - as a computer tech I need one often but I don't like a bulky light at work as I also need to crawl in roof spaces and such occasionally. I looked at the Streamlight Microstream and Stylus Pro. Both almost identical but 1xAAA vs 2xAAA with a runtime difference. I ended up getting both as I couldn't decide, and to top it off an Inova T1 ended up slipping onto that order somehow!

It happened with the Quarks too. Quark 1xAA normal + Quark 2xCR123A neutral tactical. And fenix lights...

Hold onto your wallet!