BVH Blitz 240 HID mod - NEW PICS of FULL mod and Beam Shots

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

This has been the best source I know of for reliable knowledge and resources....

Note the brightness ratings and length of duration with the different colors.. unless you really want another color, green will be the best and the "V10" products have the highest concentration of powder mixed into the product.

If you did get it from the source you quoted.. it appears the "ultra glow" may be brighter and cost a tad more.. but I didn't see if they revealed thier brightness ratings and how that would compare I don't know.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Good links Windy. I especially got a chuckle from the Glow Inc. site under the "police flashlights" projects. They use the following quote,

"He used our product to paint glow in the dark rings around his maglight. His intention was to allow quick retrieval in the dark.To his surprise, it also had another more important benefit. He found that it had an odd calming effect on excited, disorderly, or intoxicated suspects. He found that the suspect would focus on the oddly glowing flashlight and would briefly be distracted from the anger. This brief distraction has proven to be adequate to slow the situation down. He says that almost all of his suspects completely focus on the flashlight and it greatly improves their behavior."

Patriot say says in a 60's hippie voice, "wow man....that's far out flashlight occifer."

:D

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm guessing it would be about the same as the Blitz 240 84W bulb mod...right? It looks like the same reflector from the same company.

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to use it for a dual sport bike, Probably would need to add spaces as the beam would throw too far. Id like a big beam around 80-100m thow.

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened
Re: BVH Blitz 240 HID mod - NEW PICS of FULL mod

Are you using a lipo battery? if so I dont see a balance plug on it. Also dosent the ballast get hot in the box?

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: BVH Blitz 240 HID mod - NEW PICS of FULL mod

That battery has an internal BMS under the shrink wrap that performs balancing after the charge is complete. The two smaller wires are the dedicated charge wires and the larger wires are dedicated discharge wires. Yes the ballast will get hot after a while. Another reason for limiting run times to between 5-7 minutes.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a voice from the past!
Greetings!

I'm still subscribed to your thread...
Have you built any 120v mag nasty lights similar to your 240?

I now overlook the lake from a bit of elevation so would love more muscle obtainable with handhelds.

BVH

Flashaholic
Hi Windy! I thought you disappeared for good! No, haven't built any handhelds for a long time. I like the Heavy Iron military and aviation stuff these days. Good to see you here!

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, great to see your voice! 😆
Would be ok to put a tripod system on my deck if I didn't mind not being married......
I gave my mule away lips made me to someone who needed it to spot deer in his garden but it was just a prototype anyway and the host shell was weak.

I know you're projects are your babies and prob worth more to keep than sell.... Seems all the good stuff is that way anyway.

Keep me in mind if you run across something I may be interested in that keeps it under several hundred bucks!

Handheld is definitely desirable but I figured would cost more per lumen.. I have outlets to dedicate so that's fine