Callie's Kustoms 18650 High Discharge Battery Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxllmm4

Newly Enlightened
LuxLuthor send me a PM with your name and address. I'll send you a free one. Feel free to post anything you would like about it.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
LuxLuthor send me a PM with your name and address. I'll send you a free one. Feel free to post anything you would like about it.

I appreciate your generous offer, and do not want to sound unappreciative, but given the above conversations, if I would do my own independent comparison testing of these cells vs. some of the IMR/LiFePO4 and other cells I have used, I would want to buy them as a typical "representative" user, and would need at least 4 to test various features. From experience, once you discharge most any cell at their extremes (I would go beyond 10 Amps with these), they are not the same. To be clear, I am not saying I will buy and test these cells for sure...but if I do, I will post a new thread about it.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Old4570, I'm sorry you are seeing my posts as trying to be antagonistic or silly. That is honestly not how I am trying to speak about this, and I appreciated you presenting the cells in the first place, as I had not heard about them. I'm used to being able to challenge someone bringing a new product to our attention, and honestly do not think there would have been as much uncertainty, had we seen the typical discharge performance graphs we are used to when evaluating new batteries. I have not said (or implied) that there is necessarily anything wrong with these Panasonics, just that we don't yet have the typical performance information we need.

I also don't have anything against CK personally which I never heard about before, but this is a large community that may want to try these cells he is listing. As such, it makes sense to assume people are trying to be constructive in their questions, rather than assuming we have some blood oath to AW OR CPF and need to be attacked. If these cells work better for certain applications than AW or other IMR cells, then that's great, and would be a pleasure to use. Before I can make that determination I would have the same questions if God Almighty brought forth these new PSS Panasonics to the market. My comments about several talking/behaving in a way that generates animosity towards people like me asking about them was not restricted to xxllmm4.

We need to be able to get a fair evaluation and learn about new products rather than just accepting their value and agreeing they work as well as is being claimed in this thread. I would have thought having a back and forth set of conversations about how to appreciate these cells among the many out there would have been useful, but alas we are not getting anywhere useful, so I'll bow out.

DM51

Flashaholic
Two posts have been removed.

old4570, your post #42 was one of them. Baiting, as you should know, is not tolerated here. Your account is suspended until next Monday.

KingGlamis, your post #39 was the other one removed. Your suspension is for trolling; and it is indefinite. That means you won't be returning unless you can convince the Administration that you intend to behave and comply with the Rules.

The thread is closed. If someone runs proper tests on these cells, they may post a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.