Calling all WEEnies!

brotherbob

Banned
If you put your stuff in the cart just click on the $ sign and it will tell you in USD how much it will cost. If you do paypal it does all the hard work.

I would love to order from your web site but I find the whole currency conversion a little intimidating. That is why I was so happy to find the Wee on Lighthounds page. But that is now causing me some anxiety with them saying they had some coming and now finding out that isn't the case.

I have made several pleasant transactions with Lighthound, I hope this will end up being another. I purchased my ORB Raws from serious lights in Canada when they were in business. Nothing personal against ordering directly from ORB but I just can't seem to get myself to do it. I start to place the order, see the pound symbol and the mental block comes up.

gorn

Enlightened
Oh, man. I feel like a rookie cop during his first gunfight. Paypal sent to Rob for a Wee. Now that i've broken my block with ordering from ORB directly this could get ugly.

Last edited:

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Got my Wee 50 Ti today direct from Lummi.

First impressions:

-Man, this thing is TINY! and LIGHT!
-Machining is top notch
-Gotta love the floody beam!
-Tritium locators rock
-What was that about supposedly gritty threads on the Ti version? My light is pretty smooth. Smoother than a Fenix L0D.
-light engine design = freakin' brilliant. Hell, that applies to the whole thing.
-Comparing to other lights with a lightmeter, I estimate the output only around ~30 torch lumen on a freshly charged cell. Probably because the Ti reflector is not too reflective... I wonder if the NS version is a bit brighter? Not that I'm complaining, the brightness is perfect for the intended purpose... and it's amazing to see it coming from a light of that size.
-Light engine easily falls out when changing the cell. Wasn't prepared for that, almost lost it right there! Placed an o-ring inside the body to retain the LE. Having that from factory would be nice.
-The 10180 cell from Lighthound will not power the light - the emitter barely lights up on it. The one included with the light works fine. Go figure. Should've gotten a spare cell direct from Lummi!

Anywy... Picky little things aside, this is one hell of a keychain light!

gorn

Enlightened
I picked up my Wee today from the post office. My mailman was to lazy Friday to bring it to my house so he left a notice. This thing is amazing. Even though I have looked at all the pictures I didn't expect it to be so small. Mine is an 80lm flamethrower. I have an extra battery I got from lighthound and it works perfect.

My wife picked it up and was gawking over it. I told her to turn it on. She did, with the business end pointed toward her face. Her face lit up in more ways than one after she twisted the cap. She quickly moved the light off of her face and said "Oh my God that is bright".

The beam is a tad blue and has a lot more spill than I expected. To say I am pleased with this is an understatement.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 25lm Wee in Ti here, compliments to Rob.

Lovely light, great for the little around the house at night jobs that seem to keep me awake at night - Perfect for reading in bed. Not as bright, it seemed, as my ARC AAA-P, but much whiter and a very uniform flood.

Just bought a 80lm NS Wee for someone for Christmas - and a spare battery for mine!!

Be lucky...

brotherbob

Banned
How long does your battery last? I ordered a 50 lm and am worried that the battery wont have enough run time. I will probably wind up ordering the 25 lm to see the difference.

I have a 25lm Wee in Ti here, compliments to Rob.

Lovely light, great for the little around the house at night jobs that seem to keep me awake at night - Perfect for reading in bed. Not as bright, it seemed, as my ARC AAA-P, but much whiter and a very uniform flood.

Just bought a 80lm NS Wee for someone for Christmas - and a spare battery for mine!!

Be lucky...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long does your battery last? I ordered a 50 lm and am worried that the battery wont have enough run time. I will probably wind up ordering the 25 lm to see the difference.

Well, I've not managed to go through more than a couple of charges yet, I suppose I have used it for 15-30 mins at a time over several nights. I'm a bit trepidacious about leaving the torch on just to test runtime on what is, after all, an unprotected Lithium Ion cell. Just use it until you next think to charge it. I guess that's why I'm getting a couple of cells in addition, to have the flexibility to run out and not care.

Anybody else know how long the 25 lm version will go?

By the way, did I mention how seriously cool this light is??

Be lucky...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wee arrived today. It's my first experience with the trintium locators. I've learned alot in a few hours. The trintium locators are not noticable in bright sunlight. I asked Rob about it, then as the room darkened I figured what had happenned:oops:. The trintium locators are installed with the same precision we have come to expect from ORB. :thumbsup: The light's beam at 25 lumens does not have the same hotspot as the Ns on 15 lumens.
It is FAR more even, floody. I love my Ns on 15 lumens for reading and other tasks. it's a pleasure just to hold and admire everything about it, including the beautiful CREE LED beam.
Although I've only had the Wee a few hours, I regret living life so long without one!:party: The floody beautful beam is perfect for many tasks. The precision maching and the overall feel of this light is that of a masterpiece. Those tiny cells are incredible. Everything about this light is supurlative except the price.To the unenlightened at $100+/- for the light and charger it would not make sense, yet to the enlightened this light is an incredible value. sorry I cant show beam shots. They have been posted elsewhere here at CPF. I have the 25 lumen version, it's perfect for many things like reading. The more I admire it the more I have the urgent need to get the 80 lumen version from Rob at Lummi.
BTW this guy is great about responding to questions and a pleasure to do business with.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't hold out any longer, had to order a WEE NS from lighthound. now the wait :sigh:
congrats on the WEE!:party:
what power level did you choose? As of last week, I've got the 25 lumen. I am so pleased with everything about it; especially the beam that it looks like the 80 lumen version is in my future at some point.
I got mine from Orb. John at Lighthound runs a quality operation. Each order is promptly shipped with excellent service. Why just last week when my 14500 charger failed, he sent me a replacement:grin2:no return needed, no questions asked. WTG on the Wee and the place you got it.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thanks: for all the kind words guys. :thumbsup:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Wee NS 50 today & got to say it's simply awesome! :eek: Blinded myself looking right into the beam on first turn on! :eek:oo: It is just perfect as a neckchain or keychain light & will replace my current keychain light - a Jets22 N Cell body with a 1W Luxeon head from LEDSASAP. :) Wish I had the moolah to get the Ti Wee too. ;) One minor observation is that the notches for the lanyard are a bit sharp on the corner edges & may scratch other stuff on a keychain or in a pouch but other than that this light is :thumbsup:

olrac, how did you get 3 tritiums on yours? :huh:

Pher

Newly Enlightened
How long does shipping take to get from England to the states? Just wondering when to expect when my Wee will come. :)

Pher

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gorn. Im expecting around 10 days cause I live in Rural Northwest South Dakota. Also, my mail only comes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so Im gonna have to wait the weekend.

gnubee

Newly Enlightened
sioux falls representin'. mine took less than a week to arrive. cheers!

Latest posts