Camping Get Together (NJ, PA, NY, CT area)

TOB9595

Enlightened
And what is the name of the so/so party we use?

I'm sooo looking forward to this.
Warm days and cool nights.... Aaaaah
:)
Tom

TOB9595

Enlightened
AnimalHousePA said:
Yeah I think it would be a lot more fun to sleep outdoors rather than sleep in the cramped up cab of my truck! I'm trying to decide on what stove of mine to bring...MSR, Coleman, Jetboil, etc or maybe I'll bring them all? We'll have fires going so we can also cook over those...One thing to remember is that it is colder in the Poconos than it is in points South and East (generally) so it's a good idea to pack warm clothes. When I was there in April, it was about ten degrees colder there than it was in the Philly area. While we were mountain biking 14 miles, it was sleeting! Then after that we went white water rafting...what a bunch of morons haha :grin2:

It'd be GREAT if you can bring a variety of stoves to see the various ease of operation and such. VERY interesting stuff.
Tom

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone who is comming wants to do any mod work I will be bringing my cordless iron along with other tools and supplies to do work with.If you need something specific PM me. :grin2:

Chris

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to be bringing my 750watt inverter, if anyone wants to use it when I'm not feel free to. It'll run any size soldering iron I know of without a problem. :)

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
TOB9595 said:
It'd be GREAT if you can bring a variety of stoves to see the various ease of operation and such. VERY interesting stuff.
Tom
ok, I'll bring all of my stoves. I think Kart can provide us with an answer as to what name we give to the person in the check-in booth...:)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, Sorry I was away for the weekend, and couldn't respond until now.

Anyway, here is a quick rundown on arrival. The earliest I would suggest getting to the campsite on Friday is 3:30. We have sites 6-11, which you can find on the campsite map, which can be accessed via the Hickory Run link in my first post.

As for checkin, yes, there is a little guard shack as you enter the camping area. However everyone will not need to stop there. The six sites could not all be put under one name, so I had to use some fictitious names when I made the reservation.

I now need to change the names on three of the sites to people who are actually going, so that they can just check in and say they are here for the sites. The sites are paid for in full, they just need to be released to the person who they are reserved to now.

One site is under my name, one under Milkys name and one under luxlovers name (our real names of course). So I need three other people who are without a doubt going to be there on Friday night to put a site in each of there names. Again, there is nothing you have to do, except stop in and say you are there to use the site. They will give you two registration cards, one for your car and one for the campsite. The campsite one goes on a little post at the site itself. So if you can take on this "responsibility" please step up and let me know.

Everyone else can just bypass the guard shack and head right to the campsite. Again, you can find the location of the sites via the campsite map within the hickory run link in the first post.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two questions for all...

1. Is anyone bringing young'uns to the campout? Trying to decide if my 6 year old would have anyone close to his own age around.
:thinking:

2. Does anyone want any builds, MC2 orders, mods, or whatever that I would bring with me for in-person delivery... or possibly even work on at the campout? I wasn't planning on bringing much with me as far as tools and supplies, but if there's a need... :naughty:

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
Anyone of you guys going have high speed wireless ie: Verizon Broadband, with coverage there, to send up photos and keep us abreast to the going on at the 'flashlight' campsite?

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
Also, is anyone stopping just to hello for a few hours to meet the group? I live in SE NY state and would love the day trip

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a cycle trip to Hickory Run today...Here are 2 shots
IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3063.jpg
ere are 2 shots.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bring photo equipment...looks like a lot of the hiking trails are on the other side of the park.....nice little stream behind the site!
IMG_3067.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robertl999. Yes, I have to see what is going on on my homefront, my wife not a camper although I am an avid hiker. I live only about 30-40 minutes from the Park however and have been there many times. I've just got to try to stay after dark but, may find I have to leave without an overnight stay--some required family obligations and responsibilities.

Karl

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
KartRacer31 said:
Hi everyone, Sorry I was away for the weekend, and couldn't respond until now.

Anyway, here is a quick rundown on arrival. The earliest I would suggest getting to the campsite on Friday is 3:30. We have sites 6-11, which you can find on the campsite map, which can be accessed via the Hickory Run link in my first post.

As for checkin, yes, there is a little guard shack as you enter the camping area. However everyone will not need to stop there. The six sites could not all be put under one name, so I had to use some fictitious names when I made the reservation.

I now need to change the names on three of the sites to people who are actually going, so that they can just check in and say they are here for the sites. The sites are paid for in full, they just need to be released to the person who they are reserved to now.

One site is under my name, one under Milkys name and one under luxlovers name (our real names of course). So I need three other people who are without a doubt going to be there on Friday night to put a site in each of there names. Again, there is nothing you have to do, except stop in and say you are there to use the site. They will give you two registration cards, one for your car and one for the campsite. The campsite one goes on a little post at the site itself. So if you can take on this "responsibility" please step up and let me know.

Everyone else can just bypass the guard shack and head right to the campsite. Again, you can find the location of the sites via the campsite map within the hickory run link in the first post.
I can stop by the guard shack and give my name. I'll be there on Friday afternoon...

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
2. Does anyone want any builds, MC2 orders, mods, or whatever that I would bring with me for in-person delivery... or possibly even work on at the campout? I wasn't planning on bringing much with me as far as tools and supplies, but if there's a need... :naughty:[/QUOTE]
I'll take 1 MC2!

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take 1 MC2. :)

milkyspit said:
Two questions for all...

2. Does anyone want any builds, MC2 orders, mods, or whatever that I would bring with me for in-person delivery... or possibly even work on at the campout? I wasn't planning on bringing much with me as far as tools and supplies, but if there's a need... :naughty:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
robertl999 said:
Also, is anyone stopping just to hello for a few hours to meet the group? I live in SE NY state and would love the day trip

Of course everyone is welcome to stop by and say hi. JDriller is doing just that, and if you notice on the list of attendees, you will see I have him listed as 1/2. That's because he doesn't anticipate being able to stay over night, but wants to come and hang out during the day and into the evening. So in fairness to everyone paying for the rental of the sites, anyone else who wants to spend some time at the sites is welcome to do so, but please contribute to the rental costs of the sites to the tune of 1/2 price of what those staying overnight are paying. $5.oo covers the non-overnight attendees. --Tim