Can a Lithium ion cell be 2.4 volts?

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
I always though Lithium ion cells were 3.6 or 3.7 volts. Olight has a cell that is labeled 1420 mAh and 2.4 volts, labeled Lithium ion. It comes in their i5R Eos. This is news to me if it's true. This cell is also USB-C rechargeable.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
They are electronically regulated to that output & tend to be incompatible with regular chargers so far as I know. Thats why they are usb rechargeable. 1,5v AA li-ion and 3v liion are also a thing.
Well that is just plain stupid. I could have easily just popped a 14500 3.7 volt cell in there and eventually fried it. Olight is getting less appealing everyday. Thanks for the info.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
While possibly off-topic if Olight are (for some non-obvious reason) down-converting a regular Li-Ion to 2.4V output, naturally-2.4V lithium-based cells do exist, though they have somewhat lower energy density than regular Li-ions:

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'm done with China lights. I need a new Malkoff Hound Dog Super and Wildcat. Also a 1 123A MDC light to use up my partially used cells coming out of my Surefires and Elzetta lights anyway.