Can I replace my Alkaline AAA's with recharhgeable AAA's in 1.5v?

Shadowww

Banned
Nope. They need dedicated charger.
They have same charging algorithm as Li-Ion's (CC/CV), but with lower voltage (1.8V instead of 4.2V).

Verndog

Enlightened
Going to bed so my reply will be short but I just wanted to say that this time it's not for the remote.
I just had a small, portable label printer that takes 6 batteries and it wants 9 volts.
I tried mixing rechargeables and regular batteries and it wouldn't even come on.

I just hate using regular batteries.

George

Sorry but that is a very poorly designed product then. That would require near new 1.5V alkaline batteries to even function.

Your looking for a band aid for an inferior design IMO.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but that is a very poorly designed product then. That would require near new 1.5V alkaline batteries to even function.

Your looking for a band aid for an inferior design IMO.

THere IS an AC adapter option but it wasn't included as the price was really low. Tried to install it last night but no go. Gonna have to call tech support :(

I hate crummy drivers

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, those low self discharge NiMH's usually go for about $6-7 on the best sales for a pack of four. They could either be the same manufacturer as the Rayovac Hybrid, if the top insulator is black, or re-badged Sanyo Eneloops if the top insulator is white. So if you need a dozen AAA's and a pair of AA's, it is a very fair price for either very good or best quality cells, depending on the above.

The charger is crap, charges pairs in series so it can't cope with cells of differing levels of charge. But you already have good chargers for these cells, so no worry.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just ordered a 20 pack with charger so we'll see how they work out.