Can't decied between Fenix E35 V3 or Acebeam E70

Brato86

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
I wanted to get me a 21700 flashlight and locked on on these two as options, i like the output and modes, and frankly they are pleasing for the eye.

But there are negatives in regards for each flashlight, for the Fenix it has no Moonlight mode, is there a newer version coming soon, and the sideswitch button iam not sure of.
The Acebeam i read that the original battery is a litte bit longer as other 21700 batteries and it can cut off when you would drop or hit the flashlight.

can someone confirm this ?
And do you have suggestion for other single 21700 lights ?

3_gun

Enlightened
I have both E70 EVERY time hands down not even close.

I'm using a flat top battery & it will cut out with a hard bump, use a button top & there's no issue. I bought w/o a battery & quickly found you get better results with a good battery. The E70 has a better UI, better beam pattern & better CRI. E70 hands down

Last edited:

Brato86

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the feedback.
Its just sad abou fenix and the bad UI, it seems like good torches.

3_gun

Enlightened
It's not that the 35v3 is bad, I wouldn't have it if it was bad BUT it is not the equal of the E70. The 35v3 fits a need that's less demanding than the E70. The E70 is the best light I've ever had in my hands but even it isn't perfect, just close

Brato86

Newly Enlightened
Ok i get you, thanks for the input.
Whats with the turbo of these lights ? can they do 30 seconds or more ? or is it like kumintop, a 1 sec wow light?

3_gun

Enlightened
Another light that is better IMHO than the 35v3 is the Sofrin if25a, great light. 35v3 claims 3000, E70 4600, I haven't timed a turbo run but neither have ever stepped down when I was using turbo. Both generate a lot of heat on turbo. The 35v3 has a tighter beam, the E70 a broader, brighter but less defined beam