Catching up on knives?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hello all,

This might be a ridiculous question since knives are a huge field, but I was wondering what your recommendations would be for a quick or good way to get caught up on developments over the last 15 years or so. I was an avid knife collector for almost 20 years from the early 80s to the early 2000s but am now probably out of date. I once had a large collection of quality production and custom knives, lots of damascus knives, used to go to the big Solvang Custom Knife Show every year until it died, knew many of the top makers, etc. but that was a while ago. These days I'm more of a flashlight collector, but would like to get back into knives a bit too, or at least learn what I've missed. I'm sure I'm out of date on a lot of things. I suppose Blade Magazine would be a good place to start, and just hanging out on the knife forum here. Thanks.

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest joining a knife forum for one thing. The USN is the best one.

There is the California Custom Knife Show in So. Cal. Look up Plaza Cutlery, they can tell you when it is, as I do not remember.

You missed Blade Show in Atlanta, in June.

MrJino

Enlightened
Go on a few knife forums and browse the buy sell sections, you'll get an idea of what's being sold, production or custom.

Latest posts