• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
I live in California.....so everything could be shipped to me to redistribute.....however for this to work it requires one huge condition.

That condition is that we ever hear from Charles again! I doubt it....he's probably already moved.

Charles....please prove me wrong.

If anyone manages to contact Bugsy, Tell him to gather all the lots into 1 large pile, courier services like Fedex, DHL etc etc have a service called "Reverse Pickup". They will go to a location you tell them and pick up the shipment for you. Naturally the bill will have to paid by us. In this case, there is no excuse for Bugsy. He just needs to surrender the items to the pick up agent.

If all agree, can we have someone based in the US take lead to recover the lights back. I would be happy to do this but I am based in Malaysia, Pointless to have everything sent here and then repatriated back to the US.

vudoo

Enlightened
I have dealt with Charles before and have been very happy. However I do feel your pain guys.

Is there anyway we could prevent this sort of thing happening in the future?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys Thanks for posting its good we got this all out in the open finaly. Sad to see there is more than I knew about.
I am hopping it is just a case of he has too much on and keeps putting it on the back burner and time has got away from him with all the troubles he has had. But I could also be just too gullible.

I have something happening in the next few days which should answer all our concerns. I will PM you guys letting you know what it is.

Looks like there is a few of us and the total value in dollar terms is very scary looks like it is up around the $9000 mark
I have most if not all of my serial numbers as most of my lights are hard to find Surefire lights some purchased from CPF for example this is just one of many http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...OLD-SureFire-Black-A2-Very-Rare-A2-BK-WH-LNIB

So guys lets see what happens in the next few days and we will go from there. I will not personally give up on my lights and will be more than happy to go down the legal way if needed.

Talk soon
William

Last edited:

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
I have dealt with Charles before and have been very happy. However I do feel your pain guys.

Is there anyway we could prevent this sort of thing happening in the future?

I had several successful transactions with him before sending my big order. My order of 25 C2's is actually an aggregated order belonging to me and two close friends.

One way I could have limited the risk in my transaction would have been to send small numbers of lights for boring....say five at a time.....so if the transaction went bad I wouldn't take such a big hit.

I will never again do large transactions like this on the forum.

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
I am hopping it is just a case of he has too much on and keeps putting it on the back burner and time has got away from him with all the troubles he has had. But I could also be just too gullible.

I too hope this is the case. I like to think the best of folks.....give them the benefit of the doubt....but with all of the lies and deceit I've experienced in this transaction things don't look good.

I have some but not all of the serial numbers. My order is a aggregate of mine and two close friends. One of them actually recorded the serial numbers....so I will have 6 or 8 serial numbers. I have contacted my friend and as soon as I get them I will post them on the forum.

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone thought of sending his a certified letter that he must sign for to prove receipt? This could be a way to let him know there is a problem here. . .

I sent him a letter, but not registered. If the letter comes back because he moved and left no forwarding address.....then at least we will know that.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charles still have one of my lights. At 09-20-2012 I wrote hin he can still keep this (since I was still hoping he came back to business. But the PM I wrote is still unread.

To be sincere I'm not sure what happened with Charles. Ok, there can always personal reasons. In the past he was very reliable and all things were perfect. He ceracoated a few lights for me and I also bought a bunch of bored hosts. Everything very well served. Therefore I do not understand how the change came from reliable service to the current situation?

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can understand that sometimes we can encounter extenuating circumstances. It happens even to the best of people. Then he should come clean, at least some of us may collectively help out. But this cat and mouse chase is not doing anyone any good. Wasting of time and resources. And a lot of unproductive and unnecessary anxiety.

Machete God

Enlightened
... I am hopping it is just a case of he has too much on and keeps putting it on the back burner and time has got away from him with all the troubles he has had...
I've never met the guy and can only go by previous transactions and communications, but my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Charles is a stand-up person, a good guy caught in a bad place. I know this won't be of any reassurance to the people who have been waiting months and months for their stuff, but unless he's dead or incapacitated in some way, I fully expect Charles to make things right in time.

Rat, I sent you a PM.

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
I've never met the guy and can only go by previous transactions and communications, but my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Charles is a stand-up person, a good guy caught in a bad place. I know this won't be of any reassurance to the people who have been waiting months and months for their stuff, but unless he's dead or incapacitated in some way, I fully expect Charles to make things right in time.

I agree 100%. In the past Charles has been a stand up guy and several transactions were completed without any issues.

Here is something else to consider.

Throughout this ordeal......Charles has said many times that "his family comes first."

In fact he has referred to this entire ordeal as a "petty drama" in emails to me. He says he's just a guy trying to keep his head above water and feed his family. Well my heart goes out to him and his family.

But what about me and my family?

I'm just a guy trying to keep my head above water and feed my family too.

The "petty drama" he refers to has had a real impact on me and my family. Maybe Charles is wealthy and $2000 is just petty to him....but to me and my family it is huge. This ordeal has been very stressful on me and my family.

Due to his refusal to return the 25 C2 bodies, I am facing the reality that I have to replace the lights owed my friends.

That is money out of my families bank account.....that is food off my families table.

So....if Charles wants to be a "stand up guy"........how about standing up and returning all of our property and returning our cash.

I understand that he feels overwhelmed.....but all it would take to remove all of the pressure on him is simply return our property and money. I don't understand why he doesn't see that.

Since the solutiion is so simple.....and he refuses to take the simple solution.....I have to put my family first and DEMAND our property and cash be returned.

Charles, this fiasco has gone on long enough. Step up to the plate....it's time.

Last edited:
Wow, I was about to send him my 6PD, I guess it's lucky that I didn't get it bored in time to send him before he disappeared.

On one hand, it's easy to understand how important one's health and family are, and how easy it is to put other things on hold when you're dealing with a crisis. On the other, a simple update, email, PM, phone call, whatever, would help everyone a lot. Anyone who's sent him a light should have his address, a registered letter would be a good idea.

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
I have dealt with Charles before myself also. I never had a problem. That being said I'm sorry for everyone else here that has. Maybe we should look at it from different perspective, just out of previous feedback. It may be possible that something has happened to him, personally, beyond his control. Maybe he is unable to respond, or worse(hopefully not). I ask, just so people will know, that someone, anyone , relatively close to him, go check and see if he's ok. This is just a possible answer to questions asked.

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
He responded to me yesterday in an email. Unfortunately it was not to tell me he was returning my property and cash as I requested....it was just the same lame excuse he's been telling me for months.

I'm really tired of the lies and deceit. I just want my property back.

Last edited:

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
I wished I was. At least he answered the email.....same old lie...."my lights are at the machinist."

Been hearing that for 3 months now.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you should ask for the contact details of the machinist. Call the machinist yourself to collect the items back. Bugsy just need to call the machinist to inform that you will be calling to arrange the return of your C2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.