Charger for 1S4P Pack

High Efficiency

Newly Enlightened
Good morning. I'm working on a project that uses a 1S4P pack of Panasonic NCR18650GA but am having trouble finding a charger or charge board that can support the 4.0A (.3C) - 6.8A (.5C) charge needed for the pack. I've checked Battery Source, Amazon, Power Stream, eBay, etc but most multicell chargers seem geared to series packs. Thanks in advance for your help.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
try battery space . com.
they do have 6A charger but their link seems to be broken, call them if you are in usa, or email. about item 5195/ CH-L376

High Efficiency

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Had planned on giving them a call today as I found the same. I'm surprised by the number of 1S3P and 1S4P packs sold but next to no chargers that are available to charge them.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Had planned on giving them a call today as I found the same. I'm surprised by the number of 1S3P and 1S4P packs sold but next to no chargers that are available to charge them.
Do you really need 4A? will 3 do? i have build several lights and other devices with 4 to 6 cells in parallel, i use common usb c charging circuit, and it charges just fine, as long as your ac/dc wall adapter can output 3A.

High Efficiency

Newly Enlightened
3A is unfortunately going to be around .22C and thus below the .3C using the NCR18650GA. Any risk in charing these cells (plating, etc) using such a low charge rate?

Was also considering an application that would use 2x of these 1S4P packs in parallel so a .3C rate would be 8A and a .5C rate would be 14A.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my experience the cells would charge just fine even at 0.1C, it would just take longer. as far as .22c vs .3c it is not a difference that you need to be concerned.

Latest posts