Charger for Olight Baton 2 and 3 Batteries

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using the Olight batteries that come with the Baton 2 and 3 to power up my EDCL1T and it's working great except that I don't have a charger that makes contact with the positive terminal of the battery… Olight has put a plastic shroud around it and it won't make contact. Any suggestions on a charging solution that does not include using the Baton 3 as a charger?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I think their universal charger works with their batteries...
also for $10 it's pretty versatile

1660426867960.png

Reactions: :)>

fulee9999

Enlightened
also just out of curiosity... how are you using the the Olight Baton 2-3 battery in the EDCL1-T?
The SF light is a 1xCR123 or 16340 host, while the batons are 18650

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that Olight universal charger... it doesn't work on the Baton 2 or 3 battery because these batteries have a plastic ring around the positive terminal that sticks up higher than the top of the positive terminal🥴

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that Olight universal charger... it doesn't work on the Baton 2 or 3 battery because these batteries have a plastic ring around the positive terminal that sticks up higher than the top of the positive terminal🥴

So much for "universal", huh?

I use a 16340 light with a bespoke cell required for internal charging that can't be charged with any standard standalone charger, and a special standalone charger isn't available for them either..... BUT, the light will run / operate on a standard CR123A, or even a standard 16340. That's all OK. A light with none of those options is a very tough pill to swallow though. That's a "bridge too far" for me. It sounds like you have no good option(s).

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So much for "universal", huh?

I use a 16340 light with a bespoke cell required for internal charging that can't be charged with any standard standalone charger, and a special standalone charger isn't available for them either..... BUT, the light will run / operate on a standard CR123A, or even a standard 16340. That's all OK. A light with none of those options is a very tough pill to swallow though. That's a "bridge too far" for me. It sounds like you have no good option(s).
Correction -

Sorry - I should have said "no good option(s)", except of course to keep the OL cells to themselves and the Batons, and go to other standard off the shelf 16340s for the EDCL1T & any other 16340 lights you have.....and possibly keep this in mind when shopping in the future. What I was thinking previously was 'no good options' for what to do when a Baton cell is depleted / discharged and you need to use the light. For me, that would be the bigger problem (without a good option / solution).

fulee9999

Enlightened

how about the omni-dok charger they have? that's more of a $20 investment, but still

1660467864607.png