Cheap surefire compatible lights

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
I know this is kind of odd, but I need a cheap 18650 light that is compatible with surefire threads. I just got a huge pile of 18650s and I'm in a bit of a money crunch but I'd like to use them. My current light uses dual 16340s, but with a single 1850 I get next to no light out of it.

The idea behind the surefire compatibility is so I can swap out the parts to make the custom light I actually want. Start with the body, then swap the bezel, then the tail cap and so on and so forth. By the time I'm done I'll have at least two full lights one for me and one for the wife. She doesn't need anything crazy, but I'd like to get her something.

Redhat703

Enlightened
You can start with Solarforce lights because they are SF 6P and 18650s compatible.
Then, check out Malkoff, Fivemega, Oveready..

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce Sales are currently selling the L2 18650 bodies for $2.99, L2P bodies for $4.99 and the L2T bodies (similar to SF Z2) for $5.99 each.

They only charge a few dollars for postage.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
While not as cheap as the Solarforce mentioned above, Lumens Factory sells the Seraph 6, which is bored for 19650. You can also get the Seraph 9 and add the one cell extension to make a two 18650 light. They also sell an empty D36 head, if you have any D36 drop-ins, or you could add any one of their nice drop-ins as well.

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much I'm a big fan of oveready and I'm planning on building a light from their parts. I love that triad tail cap and cryos bezel.

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
Dave, I'm looking all over and I can't seem to find the sales you mentioned. Any help pointing me in the right direction?

Nevermind, I found them.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see those prices

Solarforceflashlight-salesdotcom

Go to Products

Then choose Flashlight Accessories

Then choose Flashlight Body & Convertors.

Seven different bodies available ranging from 1 x CR123 to 4 x CR123 (2 x 18650).

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
There is a $17 L2 BLK Flashlight with ITC 880 Lumens U2 XM-L 5 mode led Bulb

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money it's hard to beat Solarforce. I have an L2T, L2P and L2N and all of them are good. L2P has the best build quality.