Check out the new Maratac Nichia AAA Copper!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it true that countycomm changed the led on aaa copper from 219b to C ?????
any proof ???

No,
I just asked my modder to check the LEDs he removed from a recent AAA Copper Maratac that came w Nichia, and a recent AAA Copper Tool w Nichia.

The removed LEDs were N219b.

I did not like how much yellow was in their tint, and how little rosy/pink, so I had them replaced, with other N219b that have higher Pink levels.

Not all N219b are rosy/pink...

suggestion, the Lee Filters -1/8 or -1/4 green gel helps reduce yellow too.. they add a nice strawberry rose pink tint to yellow nichias.. such as the 219c also :)

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Here's what countycomm sent me
f88baa00ecab0fb62dbdaa59df57deea.jpg

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 48$ they should have offered Low-Med-High as well as Med-Low-High.
I've been looking for an upgraded version of the Thrunite Ti3, but I'll have to pass on this one, some day though it'll come to be.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT (( Thrunite )) Topic!! It's is about NICHIA AND COPPER AND MARATAC WHICH IS THRUNITE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THESE ARE!!!!
Please STOP Mentioning Thrunite here For what ever the reason are Never Ever Again......Ever!!!

Wow man, Woweewowwowwow! Like .
- how about a L-M-H option for a 48$ light, and I don't mention the unmentionable... deal?

A one second hit of Med before reaching Low might mean a 20x hit in the runtime of Low, along with a period of night vision accommodation if we don't remember to close eyes during the time in Med.
But really maybe that's not a big deal.
Any way you look at it, L-M-H and M-L-H should be Options, we're probably talking about a few more pennies expense for some minimal programmability.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the N219b 9080?
from a modder who had stock from Clemence.. maybe ask gunga if he can help you...

For 48$ they should have offered Low-Med-High

I dont think LMH is going to happen from Maratac
If you want an LMH Lumintop, you can contract with them directly, but you have to buy 500 units.

You can have LMH with PWM in the Prometheus Beta Copper w N219b.
The Prometheus head works on the Maratac body. (larger gap, but works)...

You can have LMH with NoPWM in the ReyLight Copper Tool.
The Reylight head works on the Maratac body. (larger gap, but works)...

Copper AAA Maratac, Beta, Worm, and Tool, are all made by Lumintop and use N219b
37564874642_e9a1130268_b.jpg

oh, and there is a ReyLight AAA Pineapple, by Lumintop, and its LMH too.., w N219c.. Im guessing the head fits a Maratac body
and there is a Lumintop Brass Tool, also LMH, and I'm guessing its head also fits the Maratac Body..

---
update 12/3/17
Is it true that countycomm changed the led on aaa copper from 219b to C ?????
any proof ???

where did you hear that?

fwiw, I just learned that Lumintop has started shipping 219c in the black Tool:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57644
d_t_a said:
LuminTop Tool AAA...
1UKHJig.jpg

chouster said:
The Tool definitely has a 219C in it.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
from a modder who had stock from Clemence.. maybe ask gunga if he can help you...

I dont think LMH is going to happen from Maratac
If you want an LMH Lumintop, you can contract with them directly, but you have to buy 500 units.

You can have LMH with PWM in the Prometheus Beta Copper w N219b.
The Prometheus head works on the Maratac body. (larger gap, but works)...

You can have LMH with NoPWM in the ReyLight Copper Tool.
The Reylight head works on the Maratac body. (larger gap, but works)...

Copper AAA Maratac, Beta, Worm, and Tool, are all made by Lumintop and use N219b
37564874642_e9a1130268_b.jpg

oh, and there is a ReyLight AAA Pineapple, by Lumintop, and its LMH too.., w N219c.. Im guessing the head fits a Maratac body
and there is a Lumintop Brass Tool, also LMH, and I'm guessing its head also fits the Maratac Body..

---
update 12/3/17

where did you hear that?

fwiw, I just learned that Lumintop has started shipping 219c in the black Tool:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57644

This is bad very bad news:(

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the good news is they can be modified. I Love the Maratac as a Host for other Nichias
38165700504_d0a17e0d54_b.jpg

LEDs l-r are: 3000k 219c 9050 w 1/4 -grn, 4000k 219b 9080 w 1/8 -grn, 4500k 219b 9080
24016249727_9ea38e2218_c.jpg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those always look really cool to me. Especially with your shortened clips. Good stuff.
the good news is they can be modified. I Love the Maratac as a Host for other Nichias
38165700504_d0a17e0d54_b.jpg

LEDs l-r are: 3000k 219c 9050 w 1/4 -grn, 4000k 219b 9080 w 1/8 -grn, 4500k 219b 9080
24016249727_9ea38e2218_c.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
shortened clips.

thanks for noticing.. I love the versatility of the Maratac reversible clip.. I often put my EDC Maratac on a hat to free my hands up.. and its such a nice light to tail stand with the shortened clip :)

I like pretty much everything about the shortened clip, including how it works as an anti roll device, and the feel in hand is more pleasant, for me, than the stock length.

more maratac trivia, re photo above
looking at the bodies (the heads have been swapped around),

the center light is from April 2015, note the sophisticated and aggressive knurling with dimples in the peaks. this model had PWM and no Nichia option. it also has short threads, as does the Tool, so they lego both ways

on the right is an Oct 2015 model, no dimples, but each diamond is contoured beautifully, its my favorite knurling. and NoPWM, but also came w no Nichia option. These have longer threads, the Maratac body works w a Tool head, but new maratac heads won't work on a Tool body.

on the left is the April? 2016 and later model. The knurling is just lines scored through to make diamonds that are flat.. feels smoother to the touch.. mostly cosmetic.. NoPWM and YES Nichia!

If Ive managed to confuse you, let me just say
Present Maratacs are no PWM, and with Nichia.. thats a winning combo in my book! The knurling is smooth and I accept that as part of the cost reduction we are seeing. Recommended :)

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
That 3000k 219c looks really nice!

We have similar good taste, thanks :)

nice where can you get ? - clemence ?

thanks, the modder I use had the LEDs in their stock, and yes, they came from Clemence

fwiw, I had two 3000k Maratacs built, one is available.. PM me if anyone is interested in buying it, and or if you want the contact info for my modder

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I often put my EDC Maratac on a hat to free my hands up..

Thanks for your input in this thread. I ordered a Maratac AAA nicha. It arrives tomorrow. Got it in aluminum because I heard that copper makes your hands dirty :).

Regarding a baseball cap light I recently found the Olight S1 MINI baton to be excellent - incredibly lightweight, small footprint, and has good run times with RCR123 batteries. It comes in either CRI 70 or CRI 90 renderings. The CRI 90 is not a Nichia emitter and reviewers say it has a green tint.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Countycomm has just announce a single AAA Maratac Copper light with a right angle head that is somewhat floody. Only available with a CREE emitter, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Nichia version shows up on Massdrop one of these days.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Thanks for your input in this thread. I ordered a Maratac AAA nicha. It arrives tomorrow. Got it in aluminum because I heard that copper makes your hands dirty :).

Give it a couple weeks before you finding yourself ALSO wanting the Copper version and eventually placing a 2nd order...

:thumbsup:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
FYI, a few months ago I was emailing CountyComm and found out that there should be a Maratac AAA Titanium light with Nichia 219B emitter that should be released sometime this calendar year...

Latest posts