Christmas Gifts IX! (Enter here!)

varmint

Enlightened
I also want to thank all for their thoughtful gifts. The Derrelite VBS I got from Medieval has become my favorite light, I am wearing it out using it so much!!!! The E01 stays by by bedside every night and I really like the glowring on it.

Very pleased

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Here are the screen shots as promised guys. Once again thanks to Keith! (ksbman)

Shots of the wonderful gift.
2012-01-07190707.jpg

2012-01-07190839.jpg

Outdoor shot of flashlight..
Excuse the quality. I am not a pro when it comes to shooting flashlight lights!! I had to hold camera + flashlight and take shot hence a bit blurry....The tree is at about 45-50 yards/metres and I pointed the flashlight a bit up. Nice spill. It reproduces pretty much what I see though. There is a bit of light noise on the right end of the 2nd picture due to another light source.

Shot before night
IMG_1913.jpg

Shot after night fall
IMG_1916.jpg

legtu

Enlightened
Really no clue man...Maybe some mod can *try* to help you if his email is private or something. That too I'm not sure they will do if the member has chosen not to receive any emails from admins...You should probably just wait and hope for the best. Sad but can't really do anything about it.

i'm still waiting and hoping that caltemus would show up, i hope he's ok. me and PaulSR is on the same boat with regards to caltemus' light.

@goki
that kinda hurts. i think just about everyone here has received one (or all) of their picks and to my understanding, you haven't gotten any of yours. heck, even Soulraiser who wasn't offically part of the list has also received a light.

i don't think anyone here sends a light via sea freight and i don't think sea freight companies accepts small packages since they mostly handle large cargoes/boxes. unless you where receiving a large box of lights or one really big light, it's highly unlikely that someone would send it via sea.

goki

Newly Enlightened
What do you mean find it's way to jvc55349. Isn't he the one sending the light? :confused:

The MVP went missing and is still missing. I still have a little bit of hope left that it will get found...

Yup legtu, I've got nothing yet. My first light choice seems to be a no-go and I'm still waiting for the second. The MVP would have been really perfect for my needs. :(

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens.ca sent me a pair of 14500 January 4th. They just arrived. That is 24 days for ~10 miles.
Looks like Canada Post was caught flat footed by the increase in online sales / christmas packages. From postings in this and other threads looks like USPS and other postal services are in the same boat.

Persefone

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all, i just received the ITP from etheralshade (thank you very much again :) ) but i'm still waiting for my first choiche: the novatac 120T. I really want that light and i hope it arrives soon but i admit that i'm loosing hope :-(

Persefone

Newly Enlightened
I think that flashlight arrived in less than a week in Italy and then it remained more than a month in an office somewhere.. But i have a very good news: today it's arrived the Novatac too! Now i'm fully satisfied and i want to say thank you to all, in particular to etherealshade and ksbman (thank you for batteries too, i'm ok for an year with them :D ). They take a lot of time but they arrived safe to me :)

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens.ca sent me a pair of 14500 January 4th. They just arrived. That is 24 days for ~10 miles.
Looks like Canada Post was caught flat footed by the increase in online sales / christmas packages. From postings in this and other threads looks like USPS and other postal services are in the same boat.

USPS was fine, i asked replacement parts from surefire and they arrived from another side of the globe, just for a week

goki

Newly Enlightened
Still nothing for me... nada... zero light. :sigh:

I haven't received any update from jvc55349 for quite sometime so I guess it's safe to assume that the lost Lumahunter MVP is still missing. No light, no batteries, no charger. I don't think that there's still a reason for me to hope that it might get found after all this time. :shrug:

As for my 2nd pick, it's been more than a month already since it was mailed. I guess I won't be holding my breath for that too. :thinking:

:shakehead

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goki, I'm sad to hear that. I posted the same time as another item, which I know has arrived, so I know it left my local post office. I hope it gets there soon!

I waited 7 weeks for something in the mail over Christmas, so even though it's very late, I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't be to concerned at this point. Stuff I have bought from overseas, be it the marketplace, ebay, whatever, have at times taken more than 2 months to arrive. Bought a SF SS L2 from a UK member, it shipped right after I bought it, took almost 9 weeks. And as mentioned, 3 months isn't unheard of as it gets hectic for the assorted parcel delivery services. While small packages generally are not shipped by themselves, they can be grouped with other small packages into a container and shipped by slow boat.

ico

Enlightened
I just received the E1E. It also took almost a month since it arrived at the PO on the last week of january.

The light is so small. They always look big in pictures. A nice fit in my hand. Monocrom also added an extra lamp.

Thank you very much guys.

I hope others get their gifts too

goki

Newly Enlightened
Just for the record, I never got anything.

I guess luck wasn't on my side. Oh well, I did have fun researching and deciding which light to pick. :rolleyes:

Thanks to csshih for organizing and the donators for donating!

Ragnar66

Enlightened
FYI for Goki and anyone else that is interested. I found the MVP! It was on the police boat for a bit a dropped into a sitting duty bag. I have pmed GOKI so It may be a year by the time he gets it but what r ya gonna do........

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI for Goki and anyone else that is interested. I found the MVP! It was on the police boat for a bit a dropped into a sitting duty bag. I have pmed GOKI so It may be a year by the time he gets it but what r ya gonna do........

This put a smile on my face. Credit to you for coming back to this thread and posting.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Yeah...i was pretty happy to find it...... I'm not in a position to pay for his shipping at this time but the light, batteries and charger are a go if he contacts me.......j

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Light is on the way....... was able to get reasonable shipping........as they say....better late than never

Latest posts