Christmas Gifts IX! (Enter here!)

StylisticGambit

Newly Enlightened
Nomad, he sounds like a good kid. Kids often appreciate this stuff more than adults do, and he sounds like he would treasure a new flashlight. It looks like he joined in 2008. Maybe he was just overlooked. Call him up and tell him fill out his "About Me."

It's Christmas. I vote to let Soulraiser join. :)

StylisticGambit

Newly Enlightened
Oooh, I'm up!

So I started looking for a really low-level AA light about a month ago. I thought long and hard about a Peak El Capitan QTC, but it was out of my price range. Then, I stumbled onto this thread and saw:

20. SS Peak El Captain Level 8, generously donated by timmyns

Now, here I am, and no one took it! Woohoo! That's my choice! :)

I'll take some of the QTC I got from etheralshade, mix it with this baby, and hopefully have myself a new low-level light!

A big heartfelt thank you to timmyns, csshih, and everyone else who spent their time or money for the people in this thread. You're making Christmas special for everyone here!

Edit: etheralshade, Timmyns mentioned that it was you who gave him the SS Peak El Capitan in the giveaway last year. I owe you thanks for that as well. :)

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nomad, he sounds like a good kid. Kids often appreciate this stuff more than adults do, and he sounds like he would treasure a new flashlight. It looks like he joined in 2008. Maybe he was just overlooked. Call him up and tell him fill out his "About Me."

+1. Any kid helping out his/her family is a good kid in my book.

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened

He can't, because his previous posts were deleted the system treats him as a new user/potential spammer. His posts have been moderated and he can't fill out his "about me".

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nephew couldn't get in the Christmas giveaway because somehow his post count got reset and now he's on "probation" again. I know that at one point he had his "about me" filled out, he's a 16 year old kid in Baton Rouge who has been doing well in ROTC and is a great help to my sister, who's a single mom. For some unknown reason the moderators won't approve his posts and didn't answer his email. He used the name "Soulraiser" on here. I suspect that he believes that because he's a teenager is why he's not able to participate in the forums. Like many teenagers he doesn't want to make waves and ask for help. His best light was a Mag 2D that I gave him years ago (back in more prosperous times), and I believe that was stolen.
So, what should I tell him?

From post #1
- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.
- If you have received a gift from the last 3 Christmas Give-aways, then you don't qualify.
- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.
- If you signed up for CPF just to join the giveaway, you don't qualify . If you signed up after 11/1/11 (lots of 1s!), I'm afraid you can't participate! (exceptions can be made)

The two new rules are:

- All was ask of the participants is for them to provide some perspective (this can be done in private in a PM if need be)
- If you entered and received from past giveaways, be truthful. How much were the lights worth, what's going on with them now, and why do you feel you deserve one this year?

From post #23
Hello everyone, I am interested in getting in on this as I am a High School student, working to help out my family, I don't truly have the money to pay any extra towards lights as it is all going towards bills/groceries. If possible I wouldn't mind being involved and Thank you all very much.

From post #28
machtig mgt131 Soulraiser fill out your profile. Don't have to be specific like me. Just knowing if you are in North America or Europe would help greatly in answering your questions.
Some flashlights are not available in Europe, others only available in Europe. This is even more important in fixed lighting with incan household bulbs being discontinued. 115V 60Hz vs. 230V 50Hz. Different bases.

From post 221

His about me getting lost does not mean he can not fill it again.
Then you have to contact csshih regarding adding Soulraiser (and Sinjz) to the list.
You have to arrange to do the forwarding of his address to the donor as Soulraiser does not have PM privileges yet.
Act fast. It will get messy to add people to the list once the pickings go the other way.

Nomad

Enlightened
From post #1

From post #23

From post #28

From post 221

His about me getting lost does not mean he can not fill it again.
Then you have to contact csshih regarding adding Soulraiser (and Sinjz) to the list.
You have to arrange to do the forwarding of his address to the donor as Soulraiser does not have PM privileges yet.
Act fast. It will get messy to add people to the list once the pickings go the other way.

The board will not let him do his "about me".
It's really grinching things up for the kid.

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened
Ill take 11. Peak Logan QTC, power level 4, 99%+ condition, generously donated by Scout24

Thanks to csshih, Scout24, and all those that donated and made this possible
really would like to know what the fuss is all about QTC.

i believe it is my turn again as i am at the bottom but ill wait as i think there was a new entry.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tracking service says the package had arrived in HK's post office,
Hopefully I'm receiving the registered mail card tomorrow and taking the package on Saturday after additional exam class
Gotta post how would i use a weaponlight in Gunless City :naughty:

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened
Well you didn't meet the rest of the requirements. ;-)

- All was ask of the participants is for them to provide some perspective (this can be done in private in a PM if need be)
- If you entered and received from past giveaways, be truthful. How much were the lights worth, what's going on with them now, and why do you feel you deserve one this year?

I have a family of 6 and just like a lot of people nowadays live paycheck to paycheck. after paying for a mortgage, utility bills, credit card bills, theres barely enough for any fun family stuff. ive got a cheap x2000 that i was using for work and had it on too long tehn dropped it so the led fell of the star.

I have never been on one of these giveaways.

then you bring up your nephews problems. I am sorry he is having issues getting in but since its christmas time and several people have given you some solutions, ultimately since you already got a light early on in the que, if i was in your shoes i would give him the light you picked since your a great uncle.:)

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive seen people who have already joined a Xmas event in previous 3 years(08,09,10), join the event again
Even though the light is not an expensive one

Nomad

Enlightened
I have a family of 6 and just like a lot of people nowadays live paycheck to paycheck. after paying for a mortgage, utility bills, credit card bills, theres barely enough for any fun family stuff. ive got a cheap x2000 that i was using for work and had it on too long tehn dropped it so the led fell of the star.

I have never been on one of these giveaways.

then you bring up your nephews problems. I am sorry he is having issues getting in but since its christmas time and several people have given you some solutions, ultimately since you already got a light early on in the que, if i was in your shoes i would give him the light you picked since your a great uncle.:)

LOL He wouldn't be able to feed this light. It takes 18650 li-ion rechargeables, which he doesn't have. But even if that weren't the case...uhm...the light that's coming to me is the only Christmas present I'm getting this year. And it'll come in really handy at work (I work night security at a hotel, almost all my time is outside).

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some unknown reason the moderators won't approve his posts and didn't answer his email.
The board will not let him do his "about me".
It's really grinching things up for the kid.

It is up to csshih if he can participate. (csshih has 2 more exams to go!!!) Meanwhile this belated request is holding things up. (Should have asked as soon as the list is posted and his name is not there.) raynstacy is holding off going back up the queue waiting for this to be sorted out.

-

The moderators allowed his 'request to participate in Christmas gifts IX' because it is a legitimate CPF post.
The moderators won't approve his other posts probably because he was violating some CPF rule or other. You should review his posts with him before he posts again.
He needs 3 approved posts before he is a full member and can PM (and I guess re-fill his 'about me'.)

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened
It is up to csshih if he can participate. (csshih has 2 more exams to go!!!) Meanwhile this belated request is holding things up. (Should have asked as soon as the list is posted and his name is not there.) raynstacy is holding off going back up the queue waiting for this to be sorted out.

-

The moderators allowed his 'request to participate in Christmas gifts IX' because it is a legitimate CPF post.
The moderators won't approve his other posts probably because he was violating some CPF rule or other. You should review his posts with him before he posts again.
He needs 3 approved posts before he is a full member and can PM (and I guess re-fill his 'about me'.)

Is it alright if I jump in at the back of the line?

The economy has been tough for a lot of people, myself included. I haven't bought a new light in several years. I'm still pretty much old school here; I still carry my Arc AAA (Nichia-BS). My top flight light right now is a modded Arc LS. I posted a short time ago that my Arc LS actually got whipped by a MinMag LED. That was embarrassing! So I'm not sure if it's even considered a 'high end' light anymore. Anyway, I could use the joy and excitement of joining this list. Either way it's great to see such generous holiday spirit going on here. I hope you all have a great holiday!

I say sinjz picks next after me (after csshih approval) then we work our way back up until the issue is resolved.

Last edited: