Christmas Gifts XI! (enter here)

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations Uncle Ryp. I hope mother and child are doing well.

Thank you 880arm, and thank you for your very generous donations. They are both doing very well, I visit every day!

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to enter just so I could have a chance at the TM26! I already have one and also a TM11 but I feel a little unbalanced while dual wielding...

Ok I'm kidding, I just wanted to keep this thread at the top of list

:bump:

Lite-Bright

Newly Enlightened
It's so nice to see this tradition at CPF continue. I was 'picked' to play in last years giveaway and I use my gift daily.
I was determined to be part of the giveaway this year but it was not as good a year as I had hoped. I'm really hoping to donate next year though.
A huge THANK YOU to all those who donate for those who cant not otherwise afford a good torch. I know a good torch goes a long way for those in need.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Entered last year and won a Quark 123. Awesome light. Batteries are a killer for me. I still have the pack of batteries given by ksbman being used though only 4 of them remains. A light with an easier to recharge cell would be awesome.

PS: As I took part last year, I understand if I'm not selected. Thanks!

Am I wrong in thinking the Quark 123 can handle a rechargable 4.2 volt batteries? I don't own a Quark, but I thought what made them so useful was that they can use anything from a NiMh 1.2 volt up to lithium-ion 4.2 volt battery (maybe even multiple cells) and had a bunch bodies, of different battery size and configurations, to choose from that will all mate with the head because they all use the same threads. Experts? And sorry for the worst run-on sentence ever. :)

Onthelightside

Enlightened
Am I wrong in thinking the Quark 123 can handle a rechargable 4.2 volt batteries? I don't own a Quark, but I thought what made them so useful was that they can use anything from a NiMh 1.2 volt up to lithium-ion 4.2 volt battery (maybe even multiple cells) and had a bunch bodies, of different battery size and configurations, to choose from that will all mate with the head because they all use the same threads. Experts? And sorry for the worst run-on sentence ever. :)

Yep, I use a rechargeable 17670 li-ion cell in mine, I have the X version which is 3V to 9V so I could use 2 RCR123 cells but for safety reasons ( :poof: ) I keep it at one cell with the lithium chemistry. The regular version should handle a single cell fine but I would be hesitant on the 2 cells. It works great and is much cheaper long term to primary cells. :D A quick note, because it is designed for the primary cell an 18650 will not fit you will need to go with the slightly smaller diameter 17670, it's a tight fit.

Nomad

Enlightened
I'll be honest, I am really concerned when someone admits to selling their lights and has received several high dollar lights through the giveaways. I mean, I know it's really sucky when someone gets a light and it's stolen, but I actually can prove my car was stolen and it's not something I profited from.

Anyway, can we start picking soon? :) I'm extremely excited about the lights drawing this year!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'll be honest, I am really concerned when someone admits to selling their lights and has received several high dollar lights through the giveaways. I mean, I know it's really sucky when someone gets a light and it's stolen, but I actually can prove my car was stolen and it's not something I profited from.

No need for that. It's the Christmas season. Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt. :santa:

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
I'm not here as much as I'd like although I've been subscribed for years. This was a great giveaway in my opinion, from beginning to end, and that includes the rules. Wish more communities out there were like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

Hey Ryp, PM me with a mailing address. I'm sending you, for your Brother Inlaw, a 6P with a KX4 bezel mounted in a V85 holster. They are in very good shape. It will come without batteries unfortunately. If I can find a vendor who will ship batteries to Canada at a reasonable rate I will send you some so you can split them between your Bro inlaw and YOUR gift.

Hey Craig, will Illumination Supply ship batteries to Canada?!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, FESTIVUS, KWANZAA, WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

Sorry for yelling, I'm into this sh...er...holiday season!

kelmo

BTW Congratulations! Being an uncle is cool!

Last edited:

fix4dark

Newly Enlightened
Please add me to the list. I am new here. I am doing research and hoping for an Amazon gift card for Christmas from friends to allow me to buy a flashlight for myself.

Last edited:

michaelz33

Newly Enlightened
I am a student at the University of California and have been lurking the forums for quite a while researching flashlights. Because I am a student, I currently cannot afford to spend money on a flashlight but would still like to get into the flashlight hobby. It seems interesting!

I am not sure if I am eligible for the giveaway. Even though I spend time on the forum, I do not post (this is generally how I am on all forums, not simply this one). Please message me if I am eligible. Thank you.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to enter just so I could have a chance at the TM26! I already have one and also a TM11 but I feel a little unbalanced while dual wielding...

Ok I'm kidding, I just wanted to keep this thread at the top of list

:bump:

Hehe. When I dual wield, I take either a TM26 and my K40vn, or my TM11vn and my TK75vn. Unbelievable flood and throw combos. I guess I'm just used to being unbalanced :thumbsup:.

This has been a courtesy bump. Stay tuned for more!

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Ryp, PM me with a mailing address. I'm sending you, for your Brother Inlaw, a 6P with a KX4 bezel mounted in a V85 holster. They are in very good shape. It will come without batteries unfortunately. If I can find a vendor who will ship batteries to Canada at a reasonable rate I will send you some so you can split them between your Bro inlaw and YOUR gift.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, FESTIVUS, KWANZAA, WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

kelmo

Wow, much better than what I was thinking. :D
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:light up pacifier

Being an uncle IS cool! Now give me some ideas as to what to get my 9 y/o niece and 7 y/o nephew!!!

Onthelightside

Enlightened

kelmo

Awesome Kelmo. This is part of why CPF is so great. :santa:

Retinator

Enlightened
Is it too late to donate a light?

I have a Streamlight Protac 1L (version before the Ten-Tap programmables came out), I think it's 110 lumen on high, 6 on low.
I upgraded to the 10-tap version, so I can part with the older one, not used much, fresh SF-123a in it.

Was going to give it to a cop, but the cops in my area can only use what's issued to them (Inovas).

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do those KX4 bezels on a 3.7V li-ion batteries? I'm thinking a 16650 li-ion setup might work nicely :D

Craig

PS: It BEGINS