• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CigVN - AAA Rustic

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS THING LOOKS SICK !!!!

98239f34-c45b-4a64-b4d0-8b3bd1369e25_zpsf9c49b93.jpg
9faaae22-ef8a-4a13-9e5b-89a99dad8fce_zpsb6605740.jpg

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Hi, I would like to purchase a AAA edition with satin polished body.

If you still accept U.S. post office money orders as payment, do I send payment to the address listed in the first post in the thread "V54 / Sky Lumen MUST READ & Agree Terms" ?

And insurance will be $ 1.95 ? [(39/100)*5]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I guess I can do that, I'll charge up my efest and let you know.

Well, interesting news. complete cigvn failure at 3 minutes and burned my finger at the head of the light with fresh Efest 350mAh cell. Time to send Vinh an e mail :)

Got your light back. LED leads desolder itself due too heat. Everything function great after I resodler though :)

Do you still want this EDition or go AAA?

Last edited:

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got your light back. LED leads desolder itself due too heat. Everything function great after I resodler though :)

Do you still want this EDition or go AAA?

You can send it back or, if you think running an XPE2 will run a little longer you can swap it. Thanks Vinh!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Free for you. But if it turns out ugly not my faulttttttttt LOL

You the man!
But I just read about one cigvn desoldering itself. Is there anyway to put a stepdown timer in one of these?
could you please tell me if you have another AAA size light that is a clicky switch releasing anytime soon?

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you will have the problem I had if you have Vinh make a AAA version for you. Mine is a li-Ion 10440, the standard AAA will run much cooler.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You the man!
But I just read about one cigvn desoldering itself. Is there anyway to put a stepdown timer in one of these?
could you please tell me if you have another AAA size light that is a clicky switch releasing anytime soon?

No other AAA clicky anytime soon

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
gave the cigvn a workout yesterday. the police came to assist me at the neighbors house when the alarm went off, and of course, being daytime, lunchtime, and very few police available, none of the guys that responded had a light. i had just pulled it out of the mailbox when the alarm sounded, and put the batteries in. i handed the light to the watch commander so they could look around, but they looked at me like i was nuts. until they turned the light on! after a premise check, the watch commander handed me the light and burned the shiznick out of me. the head was super hot but he didn't even notice because the body was barely warm. it cooled off fairly quickly, and i estimate the whole time it was on was barely 5 mins. some of these guys own wolf eyes and 4sevens lights, and they were thoroughly impressed.

i then had a few of them follow me to my house to check out my lights. i put the 10440 in the charger and it read 4.02v. not a large amount of juice used, and i don't even know if the battery had a full charge on it to begin with! i might have to pick up a couple more of these to sell locally :thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
gave the cigvn a workout yesterday. the police came to assist me at the neighbors house when the alarm went off, and of course, being daytime, lunchtime, and very few police available, none of the guys that responded had a light. i had just pulled it out of the mailbox when the alarm sounded, and put the batteries in. i handed the light to the watch commander so they could look around, but they looked at me like i was nuts. until they turned the light on! after a premise check, the watch commander handed me the light and burned the shiznick out of me. the head was super hot but he didn't even notice because the body was barely warm. it cooled off fairly quickly, and i estimate the whole time it was on was barely 5 mins. some of these guys own wolf eyes and 4sevens lights, and they were thoroughly impressed.

i then had a few of them follow me to my house to check out my lights. i put the 10440 in the charger and it read 4.02v. not a large amount of juice used, and i don't even know if the battery had a full charge on it to begin with! i might have to pick up a couple more of these to sell locally :thumbsup:

This is what I consider running the light unattended. A big no no.

Directly related to #4
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376021-V54-Sky-Lumen-MUST-READ-amp-Agree-Terms

Latest posts