Clicky Solitaire thanks to Litt

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This fellow from Arizona who builds light bars and other stuff for off road vehicles also builds Maglite upgrades. Litt Industries. A while ago I purchased a 'bust-a-glass' tail cap for the new C sized Maglites. It's a nifty tool I hope I never need. Now bust-a-glass tail caps are not a new idea. What is new with this one is it has a flat cap to fit over the tool. My light looks factory.

Some friends began discussing a clicky tail cap for their vintage minimag lights. I prefer the triple a version. I purchased one of the triple a sized ones and thought "hmmm, will it work on a Solitaire?"
IMG_0028.jpeg

I now have a spectrum warm solitaire with a clicky.

It's a reverse clicky with a button not unlike a Streamlight microstream except it's gray. It works on the incan and LED version(s) of triple a minimag and solitaire. All told it was about $15 sent via usps,

They have other Maglite stuff for big lights like 52.1mm gorilla glass, strike bezels and extensions. For the incan, both large size and minimag size they have LED upgrades too.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well, no. I use my fingertip though. The boot is pretty much a gray microstream type. I may try the hole punch coupon from a plastic rewards card trick to reduce the travel like one can with the microstream/stylus tail cap. You stick the coupon into the boot and travel is cut in half for much easier activation.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Here's a LINK to the company --

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, no. I use my fingertip though. The boot is pretty much a gray microstream type. I may try the hole punch coupon from a plastic rewards card trick to reduce the travel like one can with the microstream/stylus tail cap. You stick the coupon into the boot and travel is cut in half for much easier activation.
Not to get too anatomical here, but: With the 2/3 finger 'cigar' hold I use on mine, I don't use the 'end' of my thumb (which works but stresses the main (base) joint of my thumb at a worse angle), but rather the outer joint of my thumb (whatever it's called), and definitely not the pad / fat part of my thumb. Works perfectly for me, and is optimal given the switch / light design and is ideal for my very compromised (arthritic) hands. If it works for me, it'll work for those with normal hands too. I don't need (or want) to mod the switch, which then might change its 'anti-unintended-activation' qualities.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The body of the tailcap is machined and coated in America. The tailcap is assembled in America. Where the clicky, spring and boot originated, I do not know.

Edit: their LED conversions use Malaysia made Lumileds (the makers of Luxeon among others).

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
This fellow from Arizona who builds light bars and other stuff for off road vehicles also builds Maglite upgrades. Litt Industries. A while ago I purchased a 'bust-a-glass' tail cap for the new C sized Maglites. It's a nifty tool I hope I never need. Now bust-a-glass tail caps are not a new idea. What is new with this one is it has a flat cap to fit over the tool. My light looks factory.

Some friends began discussing a clicky tail cap for their vintage minimag lights. I prefer the triple a version. I purchased one of the triple a sized ones and thought "hmmm, will it work on a Solitaire?"
View attachment 46551
I now have a spectrum warm solitaire with a clicky.

It's a reverse clicky with a button not unlike a Streamlight microstream except it's gray. It works on the incan and LED version(s) of triple a minimag and solitaire. All told it was about $15 sent via usps,

They have other Maglite stuff for big lights like 52.1mm gorilla glass, strike bezels and extensions. For the incan, both large size and minimag size they have LED upgrades too.
I don't come around much anymore because it just inflames my lust\love for lights. But clicking around today and seeing this made my heart flutter. The warm white aaa solitaire is highly underrated, and to slap a clicky on there = Super Nifty. Any chance the Microstream boot cover fits this?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I don't come around much anymore because it just inflames my lust\love for lights. But clicking around today and seeing this made my heart flutter. The warm white aaa solitaire is highly underrated, and to slap a clicky on there = Super Nifty. Any chance the Microstream boot cover fits this?

I do not know GG. Once again I lost the microstream I had and gave away my last stylus pro (same tailcap).

Nice to see ya stranger.

Last edited: