• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: D25Cvn V2 Ti XPG2/PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm15

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: D25Cvn Ti Ultra Compact IMR16340/CR123A Thrower

Just received mine last night and WOW! This is one impressive little light!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any initial remarks/opinions from the 15 lucky ones to receive this light that will help carry the rest of us through until ours are in. : )

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

A member sent me a private message having a negative feedback but stated that he didn't want to post it publicly as he fear it might hurt my sales. I want to bring it up here so we can all analyze the issue together.

Issue 1: How come I state that I have 10 spot for TX25C2 but was only able to ship 6.

Regarding the Eaglectacs. My supplier shipped less than promised. There is nothing I can do about that. I always offer an immediate refund for people who can no longer wait. The delay of the Eagletac is beyond me this time and I have mentioned quite a few times on the threads. Please let me know if you would like a refund for the light and purchase again when I declare the lights has arrived. Your place in line will still be held.

Issue 2: A Moddoolar DB Cell Tube and a Cryos Bezel crush and break off some of the 7135 stacked chips.
As for the drop in with the chips snapped off. Some shorter/smaller head host can crush the chips when you inserted it if you are not careful. The large springs are provided so you can trim to fit with you host. The drop ins does fit most of the host and I have no way in knowing how each host is unless you mail it to me so I can custom fit the drop in in the hosts. A alot of people ship me their host so I can custom fit everything for them if they don't want to risk the chance installing themselves. Sometimes an Oring might be needed to cover the gap as the head cannot tighten down all the way.

When such an issue occurs:
Please feel free to send back everything and I will issue a full refund + your shipping costs.
Also please post in the thread about any issue as others might find the information useful. Never hesitate to post negative feedback in my sale threads. I am never worried about hurting my sales with negative feedback and/or issues found. We can all learn from new discovered issues to make things better and that is more important to me.

Vinh

TEEJ

Flashaholic

A member sent me a private message having a negative feedback but stated that he didn't want to post it publicly as he fear it might hurt my sales. I want to bring it up here so we can all analyze the issue together.

Issue 1: How come I state that I have 10 spot for TX25C2 but was only able to ship 6.

Regarding the Eaglectacs. My supplier shipped less than promised. There is nothing I can do about that. I always offer an immediate refund for people who can no longer wait. The delay of the Eagletac is beyond me this time and I have mentioned quite a few times on the threads. Please let me know if you would like a refund for the light and purchase again when I declare the lights has arrived. Your place in line will still be held.

Issue 2: A Moddoolar DB Cell Tube and a Cryos Bezel crush and break off some of the 7135 stacked chips.
As for the drop in with the chips snapped off. Some shorter/smaller head host can crush the chips when you inserted it if you are not careful. The large springs are provided so you can trim to fit with you host. The drop ins does fit most of the host and I have no way in knowing how each host is unless you mail it to me so I can custom fit the drop in in the hosts. A alot of people ship me their host so I can custom fit everything for them if they don't want to risk the chance installing themselves. Sometimes an Oring might be needed to cover the gap as the head cannot tighten down all the way.

When such an issue occurs:
Please feel free to send back everything and I will issue a full refund + your shipping costs.
Also please post in the thread about any issue as others might find the information useful. Never hesitate to post negative feedback in my sale threads. I am never worried about hurting my sales with negative feedback and/or issues found. We can all learn from new discovered issues to make things better and that is more important to me.

Vinh

This is the kind of customer service that goes far beyond mere spin control, and into the rarefied realm of interactive product improvement.

If there was a way to canonize a guy for flashlight modding sainthood, I know who I'm casting my vote for at least.

:D

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
WTS: D25Cvn Ti Ultra Compact IMR16340/CR123A Thrower

I agree TEEJ, its really amazing what Vinh has done over the last 2 years. Every young entrepreneur needs to take note. From R&D, to QC,to marketing, production and customer service; Vinh has ticked every box !! Hey, Vinh, was that you sitting next to me at The Wharton School of Bussiness. Really, you are a mensch!! Bravo

Kroma Dan

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened

This is the kind of customer service that goes far beyond mere spin control, and into the rarefied realm of interactive product improvement.

If there was a way to canonize a guy for flashlight modding sainthood, I know who I'm casting my vote for at least.

:D
You have a way with words! I agree vinh has the best customer service I have ever experienced and I've been in the industry for 13 years!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Well
I got it opened early lol
It's little and its bright.

Not dark enough to really check it out.
I have noticed that its de-domed.....
Don't think thats how I ordered it.
I may keep it as is anyway.

I like it :)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Did you asked for dome on? Dedome is deafult. No worries though. If you want dome on just send it back.

Well
I got it opened early lol
It's little and its bright.

Not dark enough to really check it out.
I have noticed that its de-domed.....
Don't think thats how I ordered it.
I may keep it as is anyway.

I like it :)

kuh

Newly Enlightened

Carried this lights once I received it, it's perfect for me. It's small enough that I can put it into my pocket without the clip and hardly noticeable. I stopped carrying a edc flashlight because I wear dress slacks most of the time. The clip and the shape of the flashlight was distracting to me and others.

Only thing would change is to be able to have it cycle though all the settings without loosening or tightening the lens head.
If I keep it lens head loose, iam afraid it will come apart in my pocket..

other than that, it's a perfect edc light for me.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Clean the threads off and use a thicker lube.
It'll help keep her together

No-ox ID A special. Might do

Last edited:

mikeyx

Enlightened

I was playing with the light tonight and I did notice one thing about the step down from turbo to high. After the step down occurs, the light reenters turbo mode after about 15 seconds and then steps down again a few seconds after that. It will continue to repeat this process as long as the light is in turbo mode. I was wondering if this is normal.

Thanks,
Mike

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I was playing with the light tonight and I did notice one thing about the step down from turbo to high. After the step down occurs, the light reenters turbo mode after about 15 seconds and then steps down again a few seconds after that. It will continue to repeat this process as long as the light is in turbo mode. I was wondering if this is normal.

Thanks,
Mike

Does turning the light on and off again carry on this behavior? What battery are you using?

mikeyx

Enlightened

Vinh,

I just ran a more complete test. After about 2 minutes, the light steps down and then immediately resumes turbo mode. Turbo mode lasts for another 15 seconds and then steps down and immediately resumes again. This continues with the interval between turbo mode and step down getting shorter and shorter as the light heats up. If I turn the light off and on again, it seems to reset and turbo mode stays on longer until the light heats up again and then the step down - turbo mode process begins again. The light is really hot when this happens (need to switch hands to continue holding). I'm using an Efest IMR16340.

Thanks,
Mike

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You are suppose to run turbo only until it gets too hot to hold. If you want I can lower max drive current to reduced heat and lumen for longer runs.

Vinh,

I just ran a more complete test. After about 2 minutes, the light steps down and then immediately resumes turbo mode. Turbo mode lasts for another 15 seconds and then steps down and immediately resumes again. This continues with the interval between turbo mode and step down getting shorter and shorter as the light heats up. If I turn the light off and on again, it seems to reset and turbo mode stays on longer until the light heats up again and then the step down - turbo mode process begins again. The light is really hot when this happens (need to switch hands to continue holding). I'm using an Efest IMR16340.

Thanks,
Mike

mikeyx

Enlightened

I better send it back for an adjustment. I just put in a fresh IMR16340 and now it gets too hot to handle after less than one minute on high mode, not turbo. At that point, the step down starts.

Thanks,
Mike

You are suppose to run turbo only until it gets too hot to hold. If you want I can lower max drive current to reduced heat and lumen for longer runs.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I better send it back for an adjustment. I just put in a fresh IMR16340 and now it gets too hot to handle after less than one minute on high mode, not turbo. At that point, the step down starts.

Thanks,
Mike
Sounds like us has a glitch

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Ultra Compact Titanium Thrower Survival Light

Yayyyy D25C should be here mid of next week!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.