CMG Equipment KUDOS!

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Excellent Customer Service!!!

I had a problem with my white CMG Infinity (would not always turn on). I called CMG and explained the problem. The very nice lady at the other end of the line told me to send in my unit and they would replace it with a new one. Well the new one arrived yesterday (just 2 weeks total turn around time - not bad at all). Unfortunately, it has a blue hue to the light and it is not quite as bright as my original unit.

I called CMG again (same very nice person) and the customer service professional told me that she will check through their supply and verify that the next one is totally white and bright.

That is customer service to the max!!!!

Buy CMG products!

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
I've had to return 2 Infinitys, Both were taken
care of quick and well. Both times the model I
got back was a better design and they even let
me switch to a different color LED without a question!

GREAT SERVICE! and the product is only getting better!!
smile.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I also had a great experience with CMG with my original Reactor. The unit worked for a total of 15 minutes, then just quit. No dropsies, none of my usual klutzy acrobatics
smile.gif
just plain ol' quit. They sent me the replacement and it arrived prior to me shipping the defective unit back to them. Kudos, CMG.
BTW, the replacement was one of the "lucky" ones, that is, no pea green whatsoever. Just a nice warm white.

e-

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Well, I received my second replacement from CMG. Unfortunately, it is even bluer and less bright then the previous replacement I received. I'll give them credit for customer service, but I'm disappointed with the product.

It was ironic that the initial Infinity White LED I returned was brighter and showed no signs of blueness. It just wouldn't always turn on. I guess I should have just put up with the quirks!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8TOYOTATRK, you're not asking for CS. Instead, you're challenging their marketing tactic which might not be part of their CS job duty.

Did they refuse to refund the Reactor you don't like?

Alan

Spork

Enlightened
I emailed them about my reactor that it was green and not very bright. I asked if I could get it replaced and never got a response. I suggest if your dealing with these people call them or better yet I will be avoiding cmg from now on unless they come out with something spectacular and unique. they should give you a new one if its green, they sure gave the Led Museum a new one for review. it looks like quite a few infinity's have been failing over time. I used to think it was as sturdy as the arc but I dont know anymore.

Chris

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by mrchri5:
I emailed them about my reactor that it was green and not very bright. I asked if I could get it replaced and never got a response. I suggest if your dealing with these people call them or better yet I will be avoiding cmg from now on unless they come out with something spectacular and unique. they should give you a new one if its green, they sure gave the Led Museum a new one for review. it looks like quite a few infinity's have been failing over time. I used to think it was as sturdy as the arc but I dont know anymore.

Chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Chris,

I don't blame you for being upset. My original Reactor was excellent; pretty white with only the faintest suggestion of green, and satisfyingly bright. I gave it away to a friend, foolishly thinking I'd get a few more equal or superior to the original.

Three Reactors (with the improved switch) arrived
about two weeks ago. They all functioned perfectly. Unfortunately, they all had beams that were inferior to the original in both color and brightness, though none was really a lemon.

I'm not going to return them because they are all within the "normal" (read: ridiculouly wide) variation of current Luxeons. Inretech has stated that they don't cull their Luxeons, and I'm sure CMG doesn't either.

I could see returning your Reactor or not returning it, depending on how much it deviates from the normal quality range. For instance if the beam is truly green, as though it was a green LED I would consider that a severe enough deviation to warrant a return. Or if it was significantly dimmer than, say, an Inova x5, that would also deserve to be returned.

As long as you don't have a genuine lemon, my personal feeling would be to grin and bear it. OTOH, even if the light is within normal tolerances, if you are really upset, then return it.

I'm keeping my three Reactors despite their less than stellar performance. They're acceptably bright on lithiums and provide functionally bright light for many hours

Brightnorm

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that they might be marketing duties, but isnt it the CS's responsibility to give a reply from marketing? I guess I expected too much out of a 20 dollar flashlight. I must of been spoiled by ARC customer service. No more CMG for me! Well..unless the Reactor 3 turns out to be white.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to disagree about CMG CS, from my experiences they haven't exactly shown me anything you've experienced.

I sent them an email about a week ago, asking them why do they put on their package True white LED, and a graph on the back comparing theirs to others bluish LED, when so many Reactors are Night vision green?

Still no reply.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have nothing but good luck with CMG products. So, have never had to deal with customer service. Am I an exception to the rule or what?? (Infinity, Infinity Ultra, and 2 Reactors)