• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Comment on Peak CPF Special Review on FlashlightReviews.com

Dogliness

Enlightened
I noticed that the Peak CPF Special is listed in the review pending column by flashlightreviews.com. I look forward to reading the review. I will be very surprised if the flashlight is not given fives stars. From my observations, I predict an exceptional measurement for throw because the Peak Special seems to have very good overall light output and a tighter beam than most of the flashlights I have. Does anyone else care to make a prediction?

Last edited:

Macaw

Enlightened
Re: Peak CPF Special to Be Reviewed on flashlightreviews.com

Given flashlightreviews.com's history on rating Peak's products, I'm confident that this will be rated at least 4.5 Stars. If I were a betting man I'd go for 5 stars. From what I'm reading about the light on this forum, this thing is nothing short of sensational.
The only reason I could imagine that it may get less than 5 stars is the 40 minute runtime with Lion batteries. Quickbeam likes at least one hour runtime for the 5 star rating. He will probably make an exception due to the exceptional runtime with primary cells, all be it at substantially reduced output. The addition of the two Lion batteries and duel power source charger will probably put this package at the top. I'm really looking forward to Quickbeam's review!
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Dogliness

Enlightened
Re: Peak CPF Special Review on flashlightreviews.com

Mccaw, you were right about the 4.5 star rating. It is still a 5 star light in my book, notwithstanding the approx 25 minute runtime to 75% and 40 minutes to 50%. I would think differently if it did not use a rechargeable battery. I find the measured throw of 1650 (40.62) and overall light output of 4000 (40.00) using a rechargeable battery to be impressive, particularly the throw, given the size and price point of the flashlight. The flashlight is not much of a performer using primary cells, but that is not what the flashlight is all about.

Last edited:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
You're BOTH right, Doug initially rated it 5 Stars!! But after further discussion and thought reluctantly derated it to 4.5 soley based on his requirement of a minimum 1 hour run time. So you were both right!!!

Macaw

Enlightened
Just another stepping stone on my way to true flashaholism.
icon10.gif

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Peak CPF has a splotchy beam, much more splotcy than a Fenix, not noticable in real world use but some might complain.
Also the Fenix has a tighter, and only slightly dimmer hotspot, but the Fenix has the wider spill. After buying the Peak CPF I am even more impressed with the Fenix L1P. The Peak is better for white wall hunting no doubt, but the Fenix is better for the real world. PS I may have an exceptional Fenix and I was running it on Lithium Primary for the comparison.

-dj

Macaw

Enlightened
:huh2: Cave Dave: I certainly hope you have a VERY exceptional L1P. I expect the CPF special to be a lot brighter than the Fenix. Flashlightreviews.com rated the output of the CPF Spec at more than twice that of the L1P, and the center beam @ 1650 Lux, compared to 650 Lux for the Fenix. Was your LIion battery at full charge? I would expect what you described to be when the CPF Spec. hits near the 50% output mark.
I would be deeply disappointed to see that small a difference between these two flashlights.

Dogliness

Enlightened
The following beam shots compare the Peak CPF Special (top) using a rechargeable battery, and the Fenix L1P (bottom) using a fresh lithium battery. The camera was about 25 feet from the target, and was set in manual mode at f2.8, 1/4", 400 ISO and no ambient light.

Peak

CPFSpecial5032.jpg

Fenix

Fenix5035.jpg

Last edited:

Macaw

Enlightened
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! :rock: Thanks for the beamshots Dogliness!

DarthLumen

Newly Enlightened
Macaw said:
:huh2: Cave Dave: I certainly hope you have a VERY exceptional L1P. I expect the CPF special to be a lot brighter than the Fenix. Flashlightreviews.com rated the output of the CPF Spec at more than twice that of the L1P, and the center beam @ 1650 Lux, compared to 650 Lux for the Fenix. Was your LIion battery at full charge? I would expect what you described to be when the CPF Spec. hits near the 50% output mark.
I would be deeply disappointed to see that small a difference between these two flashlights.

Where are you guys seeing this review on Doug's site? I don't see the CPF Special or the Fenix light listed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.....

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
DarthLumen said:
Where are you guys seeing this review on Doug's site? I don't see the CPF Special or the Fenix light listed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.....

Go to the Reviews forum and look for the thread about it there. You need to the link, user name, and password to access the review. Quickbeams review pushed me over the edge into getting one.

DarthLumen

Newly Enlightened
Brightboy1 said:
Go to the Reviews forum and look for the thread about it there. You need to the link, user name, and password to access the review. Quickbeams review pushed me over the edge into getting one.

Thanks so much!