Commonly Used LED Emitter Index

okenobi

Newly Enlightened
Loads of great info in this thread, but I'm trying to find something simpler if possible. Do we have a list anywhere up to and including the the XP-G2 with just a brief explanation of the characteristics/performance of each LED and perhaps a way to compare them?

I've read all of this and I still feel unable to know what LED is in my current light and how it would compare to the currently available options. Am I missing something obvious...?

KSDeputy

Newly Enlightened
That was very helpful, as I am trying to get a flashlight with the most recent generation of led. I saw an ad recently for a gen 2 led. What is the most recent generation of led to look for? Thank you.

SkOrPn

Newly Enlightened
That was very helpful, as I am trying to get a flashlight with the most recent generation of led. I saw an ad recently for a gen 2 led. What is the most recent generation of led to look for? Thank you.
Of course I am no expert, but going through the cree site it looks like the XM-L2 is their latest and highest performing single die LED. Not sure if I am reading it right, but it appears to be 1198 lumen at just 3A. I could be wrong though.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like it needs updating pretty badly lol

Who is up for that challenge? jcw122, were you volunteering? (I don't have the time due to other commitments, but always found this an interesting thread)

jcw122

Enlightened
Who is up for that challenge? jcw122, were you volunteering? (I don't have the time due to other commitments, but always found this an interesting thread)

No I'm looking to start another list-reference type thread soon for warm lights, so I'm hoping to be focusing on that.

JulianP

Enlightened
Hopefully the OP is still getting email updates.

Dear OP, please update this thread for us helpless mortals.

dorothyjones

Newly Enlightened
wow. been searching for LED Emitters in the web and nothing compares to the info here. Thanks a lot.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great resource.
Thanks Craig and to all those that have provided updated info and photos ;).

I have a question. Is this one of those non-listed no-name LED's you have spoke of?
It has four bonding wires, but the phosphrus is so thick and the die sits so deep, I can't tell. I was able to get an approximate die measurement using the optical software used to take the photos, and it appears to be about ~1mm square. It is a low powered LED, purchased installed in a flashlight only 3 years ago :thinking:

Thanks
GL

Click to Enlarge

Capolini

Banned
Nice job Craig!!

Remember me?[How could you forget!!!] I talked to you on the phone about 70,000 times! I ordered the Black Shadow terminator, NO-OX-ID and a few NitecoreI4 from you. I live near Valley Forge, Pa.

That is my Husky[the pic.] when he was 10 weeks,the day I got him1

Finally, Today,,,,,,I get the "New" TK-75!

I need help :help: !!! I have been out of work since 7.17.2013 and have bought Two lights since then, one from you [BST] and the TK-75 that I got today!

ciao,,,,,,Roberto,,,,"Capo di Capo"

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks a lot like the generic china clone emitters or maybe edison opto edixeon?
This is a great resource.
Thanks Craig and to all those that have provided updated info and photos ;).

I have a question. Is this one of those non-listed no-name LED's you have spoke of?
It has four bonding wires, but the phosphrus is so thick and the die sits so deep, I can't tell. I was able to get an approximate die measurement using the optical software used to take the photos, and it appears to be about ~1mm square. It is a low powered LED, purchased installed in a flashlight only 3 years ago :thinking:

Thanks
GL

Click to Enlarge