• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Comparing the McLuxIII-PD to other lights

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better two-stage switch design via the piston drive, the Wiz2 in there can handle rechargeables the way the NG in your Aleph 2 won't, it's more waterproof, and Don's been playing with clip designs which have, so far, panned out better than for the Aleph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

InFlux

Enlightened
... also both levels are regulated, saphire window, improved ergonomics, easy to turn on/off one handed...

Aleph II is a great light, but there are also many improvements in the PD.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Simply put ... the PD is the next generation and has quite some improvements to offer.
BUT ... it is a stand-alone light whereas the Aleph system is a huge modular concept including the Surefire E-Series and much more.

My personal advice would be: if the PD is just the configuration and type of light you want and satisfies your needs ... get the PD because it is the better light. However, if you have needs for more versatility like another head for throw or different battery combos or UV heads to use or would like to be able to switch to E-Series incan heads ... I'd encourage the jump into the Aleph system. This makes very much sense if you want more options than the PD has to offer or if the configuration of the PD does not suit your needs exactly for whatever reason.

bernie

javafool

Enlightened
I have the Aleph 1 now and an Aleph 2 head on order to reduce the size of the head and improve the flood. It is obvious I need to start saving for the PD, as it must be a truly unique light.

Thanks all (I think)!