Convoy L6

Wendee

Enlightened
Good evening. A few questions if you could assist.

1. Could someone assist me with either the best place to buy a Convoy L6 from the UK or EU, or failing that the best place to purchase it from overseas? (PM me due to rules)
2. Furthermore, same question regarding 26650 batteries for it (Keepower 5200mAh seem to be the recommended cell to use) (As above)
3. Does anyone know if the clear reflector version is out yet and what sort of lux improvement it gives?
4. The adverts all quote the lm figures for the standard CW variant. Anyone know what the lm will be for the NW version?
5. Since the L6 came out, has another flashlight at the same price point / style come along that can do the job better or is this still the one to go for? (i.e plunger, capable at both flood and throw, sub $100)

Hi arKmm,

I think it's ok to post where to buy things as long as we don't add a link? This info is posted around CPF so I hope it's ok to post it all together here.

You can buy the Convoy L6 directly from the Convoy Manufacturer (Simon) at "Shenzhen Convoy Electronics Co., Ltd." store on AliExpress.com. I don't see the smooth reflector available yet on the site but it looks like he has a silver L6 now (as well as the black).

It can also be found at GearBest or Banggood or "Adventure Sport Flashlights".
See Adventure Sport Flashlight if you want a modified L6 (driver boost and/or de-dome emitter). The owner of this store is also on CPF and talks about a smooth reflector and power boost in this thread : http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?422390-Convoy-L6-Mod-How-to-double-your-lux!!

I'm sure there are other places you can buy the light but I'm not aware of them.

See post #37 in this thread for where to buy the newest short Keeppower 26650 batteries for the L6. Simon from Convoy says to use these batteries. He sells them too but he doesn't ship batteries to Canada. You can check his site to see if he ships batteries to your country.

I haven't found the exact lumen output for the NW version but isn't it usually 10% less output than the CW (I think)?

I've looked at so many lights I can't even count them all. The Convoy L6 is the only one under $100.00 that's good quality with high lumen output. Everyone loves it. I haven't seen one complaint. I will watch this thread to see if anyone posts another light because I'd be interested in buying that one too, if it comes in NW (and if it's good quality, of course).

I have my Convoy L6 here with me but I'm still waiting for the batteries to arrive. :)

I don't know as much about this light as some other people so maybe other's will chime in to help you out too. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got the NW L6 it is utterly retina searing bright. Matt at AdventureSport has been sent an experimental smooth L6 reflector. This reflector does not fit the XHP70 but I am pretty confident one is coming. YES you need the short Keeppowers I believe they are at Banggood. No, nothing like the L6 has come along yet.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
hey...is it normal for GearBest to request that I email them a picture of my drivers license and a picture of my debit card? Doesnt seem right. No the L6 will not beat the SR52UT for throw. Am avoiding XXXfire 26650's. Still on the hunt for high amp protected 26650s. The keeppowers are to long. Orbtronic to long, King Kong to long etc.
Hey CelticCross74, I have protected keeppower 5200s over 72mm and they fit fine my L6. Same with dual Acebeam protected 26650 5,000MAh. Maybe some L6 have a different length?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Good evening. A few questions if you could assist.

1. Could someone assist me with either the best place to buy a Convoy L6 from the UK or EU, or failing that the best place to purchase it from overseas? (PM me due to rules)
2. Furthermore, same question regarding 26650 batteries for it (Keepower 5200mAh seem to be the recommended cell to use) (As above)
3. Does anyone know if the clear reflector version is out yet and what sort of lux improvement it gives?
4. The adverts all quote the lm figures for the standard CW variant. Anyone know what the lm will be for the NW version?
5. Since the L6 came out, has another flashlight at the same price point / style come along that can do the job better or is this still the one to go for? (i.e plunger, capable at both flood and throw, sub $100)
6. I notice AdventureSport gives the option to have them boost driver current and/or dedome the emitter. Has anyone either done these or know what the figures are post modification?
Gearbest for the first two.
#3. You can find numbers for the reflector here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRp8WxJsivw not out yet.
#4. I got the NW version and came up with a figure of pretty darn bright. Actually, my modest lightbox test showed 3,700 lumens NW.
#5. Yes, the Thorfire S70. It is almost identical to L6 in terms of lumens and throw. It doesn't have the spring mods or have a NW option like L6. However, it does have an automated low battery indicator so the side button turns from green to orange when beginning low, then to red when need changing, which is nice for sure if you want unprotected cells and not worry. It's a great light and I love both of them equally.
#6. Same as #3 go here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRp8WxJsivw

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know what the variances in the L6 could be that would allow 72mm long cells to work in it. I tried standard Keeppowers just under 71mm long in it and had to tighten the end cap down so hard to close it that the positive ends of the cells dented inwards. Also the light started malfunctioning. I still have the EVVA cells in it and they work just fine. I think it is Banggood that has a run of short Keepowers specifically for the L6.

Latest posts