• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Convoy M1vn Flare

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some where along the line--People forget you work to make a living--- Hobbies don't pay the Bills--Vinh --I've been self employed my whole life (Housing Industry)--Heard all this kind of thing--why so much cost--you make all the money--etc---I'm at the stage in my life now--People who talk that crap can't hire me---I walk

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it. Many times we are paying just over MSRP for many of Vinh's creations. Never once have I felt over charged. Mostly I'm feeling like I'm getting a GREAT deal. Thanks for keeping it real Vihn. We appreciate it.

Usually guys are exclaiming "go take my money"!

Absolutely.. he even have Thanksgiving , new year sale, etc... I purchased lot of lights from that sale. Oh and WTS section too..

The problem I have now is vinh is running out of new lights.. lol.. I do have a convoy c8 silver.. :)

cclight

Newly Enlightened
That's an interesting one. However I'm curious about the output difference between the M1vn and the R50vnPro. They have the same led, and the R50 uses a booster. I'd expect the output of the M1vn to be higher than the R50vnP because it has 2 batteries and thus can use a FET. Throw depends on the geometry but total output? The difference is almost 10%, not what I'd expect...Edit: removed the bold face, oops...

Last edited:

cclight

Newly Enlightened
About the price, besides what the others have said, note that there's a wide range of products he makes. Naturally some are more attractive than others for each of us. We have the choice, oh so much more and better choices than if Vinh didn't do what he does! Further, there's the trust in him we can have. So I'm really happy for all the fun he makes possible for me and apparently many others.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't posted in a very very long time but this light caught my eye. I don't make half the money I did when I bought all of my v54 lights a few years back but I LOVE the convoy hosts and I'll always be a fan of Vinh's work and what he does for people. Genuinely good guy with great lights that got me into the hobby.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I haven't posted in a very very long time but this light caught my eye. I don't make half the money I did when I bought all of my v54 lights a few years back but I LOVE the convoy hosts and I'll always be a fan of Vinh's work and what he does for people. Genuinely good guy with great lights that got me into the hobby.

:)

If you really want one just send me an email. I am sure we can work something out. [email protected]

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh,
Thank you for the effort you put into Sky Lumens, and the joy you bring with your creations. I have a fair size collection of lights, but yours are my favorites. The ability to take any light and say "what if" and then to do the R & D to make a product that has "wow factor" but also dependability & reliability takes talent and skill. What really is special is that this is a labor of love-it is obvious that you have the passion that most of us joined CPF because of. No one mentions the cost of your warranty work or the fact that if ANYONE had ANY complaint on a light, you did not argue or say "you should have turned it off before molten metals were dropping out", you just fixed it and paid to send it back good as new. My very first V54 lights were the V11's & D25C's and they are still among my favorites today. Thank you for the work you do, the sales you have(without which my collection would be half it's size), and all of the good things you do that a lot of people never even know about. Thank You!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vinh,
Thank you for the effort you put into Sky Lumens, and the joy you bring with your creations. I have a fair size collection of lights, but yours are my favorites. The ability to take any light and say "what if" and then to do the R & D to make a product that has "wow factor" but also dependability & reliability takes talent and skill. What really is special is that this is a labor of love-it is obvious that you have the passion that most of us joined CPF because of. No one mentions the cost of your warranty work or the fact that if ANYONE had ANY complaint on a light, you did not argue or say "you should have turned it off before molten metals were dropping out", you just fixed it and paid to send it back good as new. My very first V54 lights were the V11's & D25C's and they are still among my favorites today. Thank you for the work you do, the sales you have(without which my collection would be half it's size), and all of the good things you do that a lot of people never even know about. Thank You!

This is 50% of what keeps me going :)
THANK YOU!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh,
+1, except my first dealings with you were before you were even doing lights, just P60 modules hehe.

AO 17

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my first Vinh lights, I am super excited. I got the convoy M1vn and copper worm [emoji218]. Vinh costumer service is the best. He answered all my emails quickly and he was positive and friendly the whole time. He even sent me a list of all the links to everything I was wanting to buy, and that made buying everything really fast. I am really happy [emoji4] with his service and can't wait for my lights to show up in the mail.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats AO, the start of many..................Vinh is awesome to deal with, how he does it is ............well amazing. Enjoy the v54 ride, standard lights are just never the same again:)

Latest posts