Copia Wolf eyes questions

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
First post, long time lurker
Anyway
I have a Surefire 8NX, Stramlight Ultrastinger, Surefire G-2

Given the problems with the B-90 surefire battery's, I am considering the copia 6-P conversion for my G-2

Thought ?
Impressions ?

is the quality of light with opia's lamp assembly as good as a P-60 from SF ?

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I am also figuring I might give the M-90, or the 9A-II a try. I sent a few e mails to the seller and the manufacturer. We'll see what they say. Since the charger is the same I would only need the battery and lamp for the G-2 conversion. I could use the charger from the M-90 or 9A-II

nihraguk

Enlightened
thanks james...is it identical to a P60 beam or is it more round? do you know what the life of the lamp is?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
I received a response from both Wargameclub and Copia.
The accessories that are made but not listed on Wargamer's sight are available.

The DC charger is $30.00
The 9H tailcap(no led) is $12.00

James, when you say overheat by leaving it on too long what exactly is too long. I tend to use my lights in short bursts while clearing buildings or individual rooms. very seldom will I use a light for more than 5 minutes straight at a time. How long did yours run before you had a problem? has the system been holding up ?

SUREFARC

Enlightened
thanks james...is it identical to a P60 beam or is it more round? do you know what the life of the lamp is?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The comment of a friend of mine who got the 6A and E2e is E2e's beam is rounder while the 6A's is pretty oval in the spot centre. I think the reflector is just not as good.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened
Originally posted by nihraguk:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My G2 and 6A beam spots are similar. The G2 is a little whiter and the 6A is a little larger and has a bit more corona.

Both spots are slightly ovular and look pretty similar.

They are very similar in size with the G2 barely smaller. The G2 weighs about 4oz and 6A about 6A. The 6A has a rechargeable battery. The G2 is sold in yellow and dark green as well as black.

The G2 has the normal SureFire twist tailcap with momentary button. The 6A has a click on-off button with momentary-on. I like the Wolf-Eyes approach better although it is probably not going to last as long. Neither can stand on their tail.

I don't know about the operating life of either lamp.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened
Originally posted by madecov:
James, when you say overheat by leaving it on too long what exactly is too long. I tend to use my lights in short bursts while clearing buildings or individual rooms. very seldom will I use a light for more than 5 minutes straight at a time. How long did yours run before you had a problem? has the system been holding up ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The 6A gets pretty warm after 5+ minutes. It does not heat for intermittent use.

I had a small piece of reflector fleck off after a 40-minute run-time test. Alan has seen an M90 that melted the lens. My M90 withstood a 40-minute run getting hot but not damaging itself.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks james
I think I might order the M-90 as a primary duty light. 80 minutes at 135 lumens is nothing to sneaze at ! I would have to order the tactical tail switch to use instead of the LED. Can you provide me with overall dimensions ?

The hardest thing will be trying to get a basketweave holster for the M-90 to carry on my belt.

might try the conversion kit for my G-2 or get the 6A. I like the idea of a clickie type of switch.

Do you know if G-2 accessories like the filter and traffic wand will fit the 6A ?

Thank you for your insight on these.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I went ahead and ordered the M-90
also a spare lamp assembly
also ordered the batteries used in the 6P conversion along with 2 lamps and an DC charger and the tactical tail switch for the M-90.

I contacted a guy on the net who has the M90 and asked a few questions, he has not had any problems with his and has not had a melting lens. I'll probably be a little tougher on the light than most guys because it will be a duty light.

I'll report back and give as many details as possible after I have worked with the light for a few weeks. Hope I can find a belt mount holster for it.......

If everything goes smoothly and seems to work well I'll probably order the 6A light and a set of spares for the M90

Now the waiting begins
smile.gif