Cordless Drill Battery Issues....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
And a: You think there is glue that can hold up to such weight? I have looked at and picked up a 12v 4AH and a 12v 8AH and the are pretty darn heavy...

And b: How do I get the power into the drill? At the top of the pack are the connections actually attached to the upper batteries. Maybe some sort of wood shaped right to go up in there with connections attached?

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
For a, you can use some metal pieces to distribute the weight over a larger area, then there is no problem of epoxying.

For b, that's a surprise. I thought all batteries were in the square block portion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif That's why I said you can cut out the plug portion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Maybe you can get a wood piece and some nails to do the connection ?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It's settled. My new truck drill is a Craftsman EX 16.8V.

My new house drill will be the rebuilt pack and the Craftsman 14.4V drill that is maybe 3 years old at the outside.

An inverter MAY be gotten to keep in the truck, but probably I will keep 1 battery up front on the hump as a reminder to keep it charged.

Thanks to all!!!