Cost no object best rechargeable headlamp for hiking?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix HM65R SuperRaptor (Spot + Flood) or ShadowMaster (Spot + Red).
Have done thousand of kilometers in the dark with them over the past few years.

The Fenix HM60R also looks interesting too but it isn't out yet.

Aces-HL

Newly Enlightened
Asking what's the best headlamp for hiking is a lot like asking what's the best backpack for hiking. there is no one right answer. Only variations based on how much weight/volume you are going to carry. For headlamps, how long between resupplies, and how much night-time hiking you intend to do are primarily what matter. Also how well defined the trail is will affect how bright you need. I section-hike on both the PCT (in WA) and AZT. Over the past 5 years I finally completed the AZT (800 miles). My hiking gear evolved greatly during that time. When I started out, my pack was an embarrassing 85 lbs! Back then I used a Nitecore HC50. It was great. And we often hiked for an hour each evening before getting to camp. So battery life and brightness were very important. By the time I finished it last year, My pack was sub 40 lbs; and I use a Nitecore NU25. I just bought a Fenix HM60R. But at 5.6 oz, it will never replace my sub 2oz NU25.

Nowadays most section and thru hikers carry a battery tank for their phone and tracker. So as long as you can recharge your headlamp in the field from the tank, you can go with less battery in the headlamp.

Another surprising thing I learned is that when hiking with a group, it's important to know what the rest of the group is using for light intensity. My sister is big on using her headlamp as sparingly as possible; and at the minimum brightness to do the job. She was REALLY not pleased that I was using my HC50, at medium brightness, in a fill beam angle. It would ruin her visibility, with her low intensity headlamp.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have a Luciferlights M6 that I received in Feb 2021. Never worn, just charged and tried it indoors. I don't need it. Let me know if you're interested.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to beat the Fenix HM70R if you want the brightest for 6 hours (claimed 500 lumens for 6 hours). However, it does take a 21700 making it near half a pound at the front of your head. Personally, I don't like anything heavier than an 18650 in a headlight. I prefer something like the Nitecore HC60 (v1 or 2). For 3 season backpacking, I'd probably go with a Nitecore NU20 or NU25 and a 10 amp carbon fiber Nitecore power bank to charge it. It's nice to have a light that will run the whole time without a battery change or recharge. It's even nicer not carrying a small brick on your forehead. I suggest opting for a lighter headlight and carry spare batteries.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
Lucifer S2red, M6, or L+. The M6 is 8oz, 2x 18650. Regulated output. 4500k neutral LEDs. 1 hr 45 min runtime at 1700 lumens. 4 hrs at 850 lumens. 10 hours at 400 lumens.

Made in Czech Republic for orienteering, mountain biking, ultra running.
I second that as I had their M5+ which I sold to get the 5000 lumen monster The Lucifer X