Costco membership - Talk me into it

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Gotta remember you're buying in quantity so there's less back-and-forth-ing to the local grocery store; driving a bit farther just the one time is worth it.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

One thing about buying in bulk;
when you have alot of something in the cupboards/fridge/storage, you tend to consume alot more than usual.

I call it the 'Sam's effect' (was a member there)
...all the sudden, your spending way more than usual

If you have very high level of self control, it's great to buy in bulk.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I avoid going at Costco. Whenever I shop there, I always end up with a 400$ bill because I buy a lot more than what I really need. That's my fault, nothing wrong with Costco... except they always know what food sample to give me... :shakehead

bhds

Enlightened
+

One thing about buying in bulk;
when you have alot of something in the cupboards/fridge/storage, you tend to consume alot more than usual.

I call it the 'Sam's effect' (was a member there)
...all the sudden, your spending way more than usual

If you have very high level of self control, it's great to buy in bulk.

Tell me about it. I just ate half a 30oz bag of Doritos I bought from there today.:sick:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Hey, all of the Costco's I have been to have large parking stalls, as in what every parking stall should be. Is it that way in other states?

One local one does, the other does not. The latter one has a lousy parking lot in general, not like other Costcos.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I missed it, but has no one mentioned Costco chicken? Very moist and tasty, and a great deal to boot!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Maybe I missed it, but has no one mentioned Costco chicken? Very moist and tasty, and a great deal to boot!

Costco food is always better than you think it's going to be; a couple years ago my wife went on a Costco spree and brought home a microwaveable pot roast - sounds awful, doesn't it? A slab of beef in the microwave for a few minutes, may as well be an ice cube coated in charred carbon. But that was still to this day the best pot roast I've ever had, better than most restaurants..

fonaryk

Newly Enlightened
Costco rules. I have been a vendor to costco and a member since they first opened back if the 90's. I get the executive membership and the rebate pays for the membership and then some each year. They are a top notch operation and vet out only top quality goods at the best prices while working on very low margins. They make up the difference in sales; average ring at the register is 250.00. Return policy is unbeatable. I have never been disappointed and with their "treasure hunt" strategy, one never knows what one can find,but once it's gone it's gone. Even Panerai watches make the occasional appearance!
The rotisserie Perdue chickens at 5.99 for a 3lb.+ bird is unbeatable and delicious,and yes the pizza keeps on giving for a few days.

i have 3 within minutes of my house.

jaycyu

Enlightened
$1.50 Hot dog doesn't need membership to purchase here in Vancouver.

12x18 photos are $5 while it's $15 at London Drugs.
Costco used to print them at $2.50, so I ain't going to renew my card for a good while.